News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

"No Name" (and a new competition)

Started by stmaker, November 17, 2011, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

Seems like this place is a good topic to post my maps.

"No Name"

I would like to showcase my map I've been playing for a few days. I love passengers, so I made a large network for commuting passengers. On the country of "No Name", there are lots of cities and industries. The biggest city is Wakefield and the "most number of industries" company is tree plantation.

History
I started the network on a small city called Nottingham and extended it to Southampton. There were lesser passengers than what I expected. Disappointed, I used my friendly team "public service" to add higher-level buildings to increase passengers. "Hey, maybe I should start extending the network on the south" - so I did extend from Nottingham to Ely, then from Ely to Sheffield. Then I extended from Nottingham to Westminster and spent some cash on a new city called Leicester. Somehow, my friendly team had negative numbers in cash, but who cares, I'm playing free-mode. Sunderland is the latest city I've extended my network so far.
Nottingham (to me) is the capital city of "No Name", not Wakefield. :P

Future
Now what?
I'm still going to extend my network. From Leicester, Derby will be one of the cities in the network. Since Derby is near to the sea, "public service" will add some factories, transporting oil by ships. Then, from Westminster, network will extend to Wells, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Carlisle. From one road will be upgrading to a highway from Leicester to Derby and from Westminster to Wells, since highway was made from Westminster to Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Carlisle.
5 new cities will be added on the eastern side, removing some plantation and shortening rivers. The bigger-circle will be the financial district, that means that the city will be as huge as Wakefield (or more). The future city on the bottom-right will have an airport and Nottingham will also have a small airport, which means that Nottingham is the main hub of transportation in "No Name".

Images

"No Name" as of June 2003

Old Preston, no networks

Derby, click here for full size (warning - file too big)

Competition
Hey, still reading this? Good. I have a new simple competition. Use your creative skills to name the country. I never decide what will I name so decisions go to you. What shall you name the country?

Quote from: stmaker...I'll make my last decisions on 1st Dec.

Winner gets a trial of these addons. ;)

THANKS FOR READING.
Don't leave mean criticism here. Keep it.
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Combuijs

QuoteUse your creative skills to name the country.

Nottingham Forest?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Severous

Hoods Britannia?   

Robin Hood is a famous character of the Nottingham area.  Plus Simutrans has a Hood of its own :-)
Regards
Sev.

stmaker

add a new Derby image, too big :p

Quote from: Combuijs on November 17, 2011, 11:14:05 PM
Nottingham Forest?
Quote from: Severous on November 18, 2011, 07:34:13 AM
Hoods Britannia?   

Nice names. I'll make my last decisions on 1st Dec.
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.