News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[TIP] Ships for congested cities

Started by VS, March 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Ships: remove roads, build canals. Infinite capacity (they do not stop each other).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

So, like Amsterdam or Venetia ;)

The Hood

@VS is there any reason for that?  Wouldn't it be better for canals to behave in the same way as roads with two-way traffic and congestion etc.?  Last time I checked boats that were in the same place as other boats at the same time tended to lead to sinkings...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: VS on March 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM
Ships: remove roads, build canals. Infinite capacity (they do not stop each other).

hahaha, I'm going to do this when I get home today... Except cities wouldn't be able to grow anymore - but just doing this in the middle of the cities, expanding with time.

And in fact, with the size of the ships, you'd probably only need one or two... it'd be like having a huge train in one tile wandering around the city... lol

VS

I did that when I began to run out of options (just like BudapestTRansport). Surely you do not have to replace all roads.

It works even better for factories stuck in the middle of city.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

stmaker

Quote from: VS on March 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM

To my case, I dug one tile below and add river. Then make a bridge over it. Useful. ;)
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Radwan

they give me a lot of passengers    :D