News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Blender; Search for Master-Scene for creating Simutrans graphics

Started by maister, November 20, 2008, 08:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maister

Hello All

I try to build some buildings for Simutrans, but i`m on the beginning and at the moment I learn to handle *Blender*. Has someone already creat a standart-scene for *Blender*. (correct camera position, correct lighting, adjusted grid, size of renderer picture, color settings & background color, and so on..)?

I`m also very happy with a already finished .blend file, which one i can use as a reference.
(Maybe from a building which one created for simutrans)

Thanks !!
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

vilvoh

I think there's no blend file of that BUT I wrote an article (in spanish) about how to create that template scene by yourself. It's quite easy. I hope it helps.

link: http://simutrans-escala-real.blogspot.com/2008/09/basicos-de-blender-la-escena-bsica.html

On the other hand, I think I might upload some blender stuff to graphics.simutrans.com...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

maister

Thank you vilvoh! I do not understand spanish but your manual was very useful for me.  :D
Yesterday i had problems with the camera position, but now after i see the possibility.. it`s work!

QuoteOn the other hand, I think I might upload some blender stuff to graphics.simutrans.com...
Would be also very helpful. Because then the newbies are able to make a relation directly in the blender self.

vilvoh

Quote from: maister on November 20, 2008, 01:35:49 PM
Yesterday i had problems with the camera position, but now after i see the possibility.. it`s work!

The language doesn't matter, the most important thing is that it helps you. Since some time ago, I had in mind to create a Painters & Modelers Guide for Simutrans, but I usually don't have time enough. I have to translate some articles from the blog, compile them, create a coherent structure and release the guide....too much work for me right now.

Anyway, I usually write articles about different aspects of object design for Simutrans (mainly blender related) in the blog, so at least you have that source of information. In addition, It's a good motive to start learning a new language.. ;)

Quote from: maister on November 20, 2008, 01:35:49 PM
Would be also very helpful. Because then the newbies are able to make a relation directly in the blender self.

Ok. I'l try to upload some stuff later (buses, planes) but only the 3D models, without textures. They take a lot of space.

VS

I don't know a thing in Spanish either, but the pictures are self-explanatory :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

BTW, The models I'm going to upload do not have any annotation (ie. techniques used) so many people may get lost. I'll take advantage of a great new feature in Blender 2.48, the greaser pencil, that allows you to write notes, tips and drawings in the scene... ;D

See this feature in action here. It's cool, isn't it?

vilvoh

Finally, I didn't use that cool tool but I've uploaded 6 files of different objects available at graphics.simutrans.com >> User galleries >> vilvoh >> blender files:

• Ufo tourist attraction
  • Kenworth KC 104 B road train
  • Boeing 747-400 with UV texture
  • Renfe train station
  • Hino Poncho Long minibus with UV texture
  • A set of 9 master scenes with different sizes (64x128, 64x64,320x320, etc..)

All are in zip files. Use them as you wish, but with caution... ;)

VS

* VS cautiously approaches the files and prods them, prepared to run

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

maister

Thank you vilvoh!
I am in the middle to construct a buildling. Maybe i need then for a corresponding simutrans texturising i little bit help.

VS

Quote from: vilvoh on November 24, 2008, 10:58:58 PM
Use them as you wish, but with caution...
This ;) I understand "caution" as "it may be dangerous"...