News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Welcome to SMF2 :-)

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, November 24, 2011, 11:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Quote from: Combuijs on November 29, 2011, 09:45:24 AM
Only Devotees and various teams (web, dev, mod) can modify Karma/helpfulness.
Thanks. But it means that my idea of resetting of counter of helpfulness should be done - for reason I described above.  ???

But else I agree with limitation of modifying of counter of helpfulness by devotees and other special teams (web, dev, mod).  :D

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm not going to reset the counters, for the following reason:

1. It would involve loading every single member of the forum and resetting them; or writing untested and dangerous SQL by hand to try and empy the table

2. It was only open for a short time. The possible amount of voting that members did was very small - even now, the totals are small, and as time goes on, the effect of having it open for a day will become beyond minimal.

I saw one person with negative helpfulness - and, in fact, they were prevented from posting due to moderation reasons anyway. I would consider giving them a fresh start - because we discussed how to vote after the voting was already negative for them.

Basically, I am encouraging Devotees/admins/etc to vote up helpful posts; and really to ignore the downvote possibility. That's the test going forward - as long as scores are positive, and seem to correlate with helpful people, I think it'll work. Otherwise, I'll simply shut the system off again, and no harm done. :)

Václav

Thanks for explaining.
It was a such stupid idea.

An_dz

There's any way to know where you got those helpful votes?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: An_dz on November 30, 2011, 02:07:48 AM
There's any way to know where you got those helpful votes?

Nope. It's anonymous by design; and there's no control to change that without a forum modification. :)

Václav

... but it would be good if somewhere in forum would be locked topic (like topic of SMSC awards) where would be written who got point of helpfulness and for what reason - link to exact post with explaining.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Perhaps, but I could write about a lot of things. I don't think it's necessary. But I will anyway.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8694.new#new

Milko

Hello

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7981.msg82948#msg82948

If you try to download the file "Pak128.zip" attached to the post the download does not start properly, the file you get is "index.php"

Giuseppe

VS

Upgrade your Firefox, please :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Milko

Hello

Ok, update firefox to vers. 9.0.1 and now problem is fixed.  :)

Thanks

Giuseppe