News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Junction Problem

Started by gts2012, November 27, 2011, 12:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gts2012

Hi, Just starting playing Simutrans experimental version 10.3 and Pak128.Britain-Ex version 0.8.2 yesterday Which i downloaded as a whole From: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0. I then extracted and played and it was working brilliantly until I wanted to have a 4 way junction. City roads will connect with each other but when i want a 4 way junction with another road type where there is a motorway involved. The centre road piece is missing(though the road is still connected and still useable)

So, just to clarify all roads connect fine but when i want a 4 junction on a motorway the centre road piece disappears, is there something I'm doing wrong or is it the Pak?
Thanks.

jamespetts

Welcome to the forums! Sorry that you're having problems. This is a rather odd one - it may well be a pakset issue (perhaps a missing or corrupted image somewhere). Can you upload a screenshot?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

gts2012

Heres the screenshot, it shows no centre piece when trying to join up to motorways, but it recognizes that there is a road there and trucks and buses ect can use the road.

jamespetts

Ahh, I think that I know what the problem is: motorways are not intended to have crossroad type junctions, as they don't in real life. Really, the game engine shouldn't allow you to draw that combination of roads at all, but I don't think that it's set up so as to allow that.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

gts2012

Ahh that's ok then. I'm also playing with  the Goods AI and it has generated a large cluster of Motorway cross overs and it doesnt look good.

jamespetts

Ahh - the AIs are not a feature that work very well, especially in Experimental, where the AIs are not optimised for Experimental's features. I tend to favour interacting with real players using the multiplayer feature, although there are currently no Experimental servers (I need to get the next version of Experimental out first, which in turn requires me to fix a bug which I have had some trouble in tracking down).