News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Bridges

Started by The Hood, December 10, 2011, 10:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

And finally, the wooden trestle version:

That should mean we are complete for bridges on narrow gauge, rail, road and maglev. Just canals - but then I'm not sure there's a huge variation in canal bridges anyway, nor a precedent for elevated canals. @jamespetts, did you get anywhere with graphics for these with your canal overhaul (processed or unprocessed)?

jamespetts

Looking good!

I was rather relying on TygerFish to process the canal graphics. He made a start, but I haven't heard from him in quite a few weeks. We hadn't even started on aqueducts, waiting for the base canal graphics. I am rather buried in bugfixing in Experimental at present (plus working on improving the balance and addressing passenger generation and related issues) so might not be able to get around to this for a while.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Did you add the graphics somewhere to github? I can't find them easily. Happy to process up any existing graphics for canals and possibly produce one or two bridges/elevated ways for them as long as they fit the existing patterns (e.g. arched style, concrete, iron girder etc from the rail/road bridges I've done recently - that wouldn't be too much work) - what did you have in mind?

jamespetts

The unprocessed images for canals are here (not in the /boats directory, but in the root directory). I hadn't yet planned what sort of aqueducts to have - I imagine that masonry, stone, and one that looks a bit like this would be a good start, as well perhaps as a mixed wooden/stone version for smaller canals, and concrete versions for modern times. I don't think that we need canal based elevated ways, as there are no historical precedents for this so far as I am aware. I am fairly sure that it would suffice just to make canal versions of the existing bridges, however, if modelling the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct is a bit much, although I do not think that all the bridge types would need to be done (especially all the various metal types).

Milko

Hello

I can not find this bridge http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8755.msg82771#msg82771 in pak128brit 1.14 and in pak128brit experimental (last github commit).

Giuseppe

jamespetts

It is the iron arch bridge - it should be there. Note that the decoration on the arch is in player colour, so the colour on your bridge might be different to what you can see linked in that post.

The Hood

The dat file is certainly there in Standard SVN - iron-arch-rail.dat