News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Config archieve folders Config and Text for 10.4 contains folders .git

Started by Junna, December 19, 2011, 05:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Is this intentional or an accident?  ;D

____

Trying to start 10.4 crashes with a reference to missing "inet_ntop" in WS2_32.dll.

jamespetts

Hmm, an accident, I think. But what exactly do you mean by "config archive folders" here?

As to the crash (I should be grateful if you could, in future, start a new topic for each bug/issue), might I ask - can you give me the exact error message? I have not seen this error before. Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit system? Did you download just the .exe, or the Simutrans-Experimental-Complete set? If the former, try the latter.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on December 19, 2011, 10:07:46 AM
Hmm, an accident, I think. But what exactly do you mean by "config archive folders" here?

Simply that the folders included within the archive (zip) included ".git" folders I presume were added by accident.

///

Windows is 32-bit, I downloaded and replaced all files, and just now tried the complete set in a fresh folder. Crashes the same way.

jamespetts

Ahh, I see what you mean about the .git files - thank you for spotting that. They will hopefully be gone in the next release.

Hmm, the crash thing is very odd, though. Are you using XP, Vista or Windows 7?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on December 19, 2011, 10:50:00 AM
Ahh, I see what you mean about the .git files - thank you for spotting that. They will hopefully be gone in the next release.

Hmm, the crash thing is very odd, though. Are you using XP, Vista or Windows 7?

XP. I asked a friend to try the complete as well - experienced the same crash (also XP).

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

VS,

thank you for the link to that topic: I suggest that discussion of this bug continue there.

Edit: In the meantime, I have uploaded Windows binaries with a workaround to this problem, containing the ipv4 only flag. (Re-download Simutrans-Experimental to get them). These will only work with ipv4, but should run.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on December 19, 2011, 11:24:05 AM
VS,

Edit: In the meantime, I have uploaded Windows binaries with a workaround to this problem, containing the ipv4 only flag. (Re-download Simutrans-Experimental to get them). These will only work with ipv4, but should run.

It says "File was not found.", when I click the download link now.

jamespetts

Apologies for the error with the file download - it should be fixed now.