News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Industry Placement Bug

Started by py06, December 28, 2011, 06:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

py06

Hello,

I've been playing Pak Britain for a while now and have noticed when coming to place certain industries (primarily bakers, butcher shop, clothes shop, fishmonger and pub) the game crashes.  There doesn't seem to much of a problem with petrol stations and car dealerships, builders merchants etc, just the already mentioned shops.

Needless to say this causes annoyance as i'm unable to complete industry chains.

Any help??

PY

jamespetts

pyo6,

welcome to the forums. May I ask - what version of Simutrans are you using? Crashing is more associated with a bug with the program itself than a pakset.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

py06

Thank you for your response jamespetts,

I am using version 0.110.0.7 and the latest release of pak128.britain.110.
I assume this is the newest release as I downloaded direct from Simutrans.com at the beginning of November.

Aha, perhaps I see my error. I am downloading version 111 now, will let you know.

jamespetts

Ahh, do let us know how you get on with 111!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

I noticed this in passing the other day testing the new release but didn't have time to investigate. It would be good to  know which industries cause this and if the dame problem occurs in other paksets.

py06

Problem still here with 111.

It appears to be mainly Butchers, Bakers, Fishmongers and Pubs that cause this issue but I have had it happen when placing several petrol stations.  I quickly tried with pak64 placing industries everywhere but it seemed to work fine?!

The Hood

Interesting. Those are all city centre industries. Can't investigate now as I'm away but if anyone familiar with the dat files could investigate that would be great.

The Hood

I've just tried this again in nightly 5046 and I can't reproduce any more.  Can anyone else reproduce this with a recent nightly?