News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Mismatched game speeds in multiplayer.

Started by alexbrainbox, January 07, 2012, 07:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbrainbox

I have been trying to play multiplayer with a friend. We are using Simutrans 111.0 with the standard pakset. He is running the server on Windows and I am running a client on Ubuntu. Sometimes the game seems to be running alright, but sometimes my client is running slower than his server, resulting in ever-increasing amounts of lag. on one occaision, the client appeared to be running 50% slower, and the only way I can find of avoiding the lag is to reconnect every so often. Adding "-debug 3" to the arguments seemed to help on one occasion, but I am still having problems, so I suspect that may have been a coincidence. Is this a bug, or is there just some setting that he/I need to change?

(Due to a problem with the activation email, I am actually using my friends account, and will post as mad_maths_man once that issue is resolved.)

prissi

We had see this on some ocasions, but could not find out why. One assumption was that the clock on a virtual server somehow is not always correct; but it happend even on dedicated servers.