News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Should the various 4 wheel and 6 wheel carriages be rolled into one?

Started by ӔO, January 10, 2012, 02:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

It's not a bug, but I suspect it would break some older saves if it was done.

The three sets each, total six, of 4-wheel and 6-wheel carriages are basically the same thing with different liveries, so maybe they can be rolled into one?

The specs are all slightly different between Midland, LNWR and GNR, which I suspect was done because of the available engines at the time. I would suggest some new average for them.

4-wheel
intro: 1866
retire: 1911?
speed: 120km/h?

6-wheel
intro: 1887
retire: 1912?
speed: 135km/h?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

The Hood

This would probably be a sensible solution, and compatibility issues can easily be resolved using the compat.tab.

jamespetts

I am currently working on these carriages, as detailed in this thread. Some differences will become apparent between the different companies' vehicles (the GNR, for example, having longer lavatory corridor 6 wheelers, the Midland having shorter non-corridor lavatory 6-wheelers, where only some of the people in the carriage could access the lavatory). There may be some scope for finding vehicles so similar to each other (perhaps LNWR and Midland 6-wheelers - I shall have to research the LNWR types more thoroughly) that they can be made into one vehicle with different liveries (in Experimental, at least).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

ah, that is news to me.
In that case, it seems like they should be kept separate
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: