News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Big "fix it" patch for simutranslator, and please stop making DOS line endings..

Started by neroden, May 13, 2012, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neroden

Quote from: The Hood on June 07, 2012, 12:10:00 PM
OK I've changed this. Can I just confirm this should now mean all future commits are in the right format, i.e. no DOS line-endings?

Sadly, no.  New files will probably have DOS line endings.  You need to do the following.

First, find the configuration settings in TortoiseSVN, using these instructions:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Subversion/auto-props

Then, In [miscellany] uncomment/add this line:

enable-auto-props = yes

In the [auto-props] section, uncomment the default bits and also add:
*.dat = svn:eol-style=native

That should guarantee that newly added .dat files have standard line endings.

I just corrected everything currently in the pak128.Britain repository using a script, so existing files should be good as of now.

Milko: if you're using Windows, you need to make sure that you have the "core.autocrlf" set to "true" in your git settings. (See https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings#platform-windows ).

(edited to fix significant typo)
EDIT 2:
I'm going to wait a little bit after fixing the line endings before applying my patches, to let the fix propagate to git and to make sure no trouble got introduced.

The Hood

OK I think I made some of those changes but not all. Will check when I get chance. Thanks for sorting it all out!

neroden

I'm having an odd problem.  The changes committed to SVN aren't propagating to the git mirror.  Aburch, are you anywhere?

Edit: is Aburch on github the same person as "ansgar" here?
Edit 2: oooh-kay, this is a much worse problem than I thought.  The Git mirror is working fine.  My commit has failed to register at Sourceforge.  Even though my local copy SAYS that it's committed.

I've never had this sort of problem with SVN before; are you using some sort of weird configuration?  Can you just switch to git already?

Edit 3: OK, it's shown up on Sourceforge.  Now I just have to figure out when it's going to show up in the git mirror and then I can recheck my patches....

Edit 4: Looks like I may have committed just after the daily update, so I may have to wait six more hours.

prissi

neroden

pak128.britain has a mirror.

EDIT:
https://github.com/aburch/simutrans-pak128.britain

It doesn't seem to have updated, and it's been 24 hours.  I guess I need to ask Ansgar how often it updates.

neroden

OK, so how do I contact Ansgar -- is 'aburch' on github the same as ansgar here?

I wait impatiently for a reply.

Please pay attention to how much of my simutrans time has been wasted in trying to get other people to authorize things (close to a year to get a simutranslator account) or even to get them to check that their scripts are working (the git mirror of pak128.britain was working six days ago, why did it break?)

VS

Yes for the first question. His full name is Ansgar Burchardt and he is all over the internets.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

neroden

Quote from: VS on June 14, 2012, 09:42:24 PM
Yes for the first question. His full name is Ansgar Burchardt and he is all over the internets.

Thank you.  I didn't know how many people there were named Ansgar Burchardt -- for all I know it's like John Smith. :-)

Anyway, I sent him a private forum message, we'll see if he can kick the mirror into working perhaps.  Sigh.

neroden

...and we're good (thanks, Ansgar).  But now I have to run off.  I'll try to get the patches re-verified and in today or tomorrow.

The Hood

Thanks. Can you keep an eye on this after my next few commits to see how we are doing?

neroden

Quote from: The Hood on June 17, 2012, 04:48:57 PM
Thanks. Can you keep an eye on this after my next few commits to see how we are doing?

I will do my best.  Please remember to add the terminating line of dashes, by the way; I just fixed two more of these in the air directory.

Edit: and another in bus/parcel-coach.dat.

I think the reason simutranslator cares is due to its processing method.