News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

16 axle heavy transport..

Started by vilvoh, November 28, 2008, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

I've seen this 16 axle heavy transporter from the Italian FS and I couldn't resist to model it. This beauty is a four large wagons convoy (length=8 or 10) that transports gas/oil, and even cement/concrete. It's almost finished..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

PatrickN

It looks like a giant sausage. haha  How can something that long take a turn?

Painter, in and out of retirement.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: PatrickN on November 29, 2008, 06:21:19 PM
It looks like a giant sausage.

* Igor makes "huuuum" *

Quote from: PatrickN on November 29, 2008, 06:21:19 PM
How can something that long take a turn?

Probably it's for a factory internal railway and runs only on straight lines. Say, picks up goods at a point of factory plant and unload elsewhere, and goes back. It'll never run on public railways.

EDIT:

I think I'll order one... it's cheap:

https://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID=16436

vilvoh

ehh!! you found the website, Igor!! I've lost the original link...

Back to the topic, I actually don't know if it exists or it's just a concept vehicle. I haven't found any info in wikipedia, railfan sites, etc... Anyway I like those strange vehicles so I can resist to see them in Simutrans... :)

prissi

Given the huge number of Schnabel cars (http://southern.railfan.net/schnabel/schnabel_cars.html), I could envision such a heavy transport was done also on a slightly modified one. 16 axel is certainly not the limit there ...

Who wonders about curves: Usually loaded such cars are only on slected tracks with signal sometimes even removed and not trains crossing from ahead of course. Empty they can run at the end of a normal freight train.

vilvoh

See the big sausage in action.. :D

P.S: It's not well aligned yet.

vilvoh

This project was almost death because I lost the png, blender model and textures but I was decided to finish it, thus after a looong alignment process, here it is a preview before the release. I only have to balance some attributes and it'll be ready for downloading very soon.

Btw, do you think it should be electric or diesel? I'm not sure at this point..

Isaac Eiland-Hall

And here's a ten-pack of them:

:-D

vilvoh

Finally, here it is!! I would like to introduce you the flammable sausage...  :D

Now serious. It's an electric engine, pretty slow (vmax 65 km/h) but with enough power to pull the payload. It has a gear of 65, therefore it's only recommended for straight routes with as few curves as possible. The capacity of the whole convoy is 400 m3 of gasoline/oil and the price of all is about 38.000 credits. Enjoy! 

Optimus Prime

This vehicle makes me a proud player of pak64. Hope they (pak 128 players) never get to play with a beast like this. Coz my cousin plays on pak 128.   ;D
With regards from
Optimus Prime

greenling

Hello Optimus Prime
Those Model gives only for pak64!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

gauthier

Making a such wagon in pak128 is still possible :p