News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

general survey on the players play Simutrans

Started by Frank, November 28, 2008, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hello

I think it would be interesting to learn more about the players from Simutrans.

That's why I've created a survey ( Article ).

earnings

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Frank

when show an error page, then refresh the site

for vote accept you session cookie

Roads

I was going to do the survey and tried to login with my username and password here but no go.  I need a new login for the site?  I'm a bit pressed for time now but I'll get back to it.

IgorEliezer

I didn't need any log-in to vote.

If you are getting error, like "Your are not logged" or whatever, then please refresh the page once or twice.

Roads

I refreshed three times, no go.  After that I tried to login using this username.  No go.  Maybe I just don't know how to negotiate the page but when it comes up, it shows me the votes and presents a login box on the left.  I didn't see anywhere to vote...

Frank

The login data from here not work in german wiki.

For vote activate session cookie for www.simutrans-germany.com.

Roads

Frank, I'm sorry but I don't speak German.  If there is no rush my son (who can read German) will be home Christmas and I'll get him to help me create a login there.

Magic_Gorter

Roads...Press on the link. Then press on button " deutsches Wiki". Next on link wiki.simutrans-germany.com. Then scroll down to the part where stands "Umfrage zu Simutrans 2008" and press on teilnehmen. The poll is german and english. It worked for me so probably for you too.

Roads

OK Frank it is done.  Many thanks Magic for the excellent instructions.

Magic_Gorter

Good to see you finally have suceeded in doing it. That's great with these forums. Everybody tries to help each other...

Frank

On 1 January, the 2008 survey closed. Those who still wish to participate should be up to 31.12. do.

MoTw

I posted an article on the blog and made a post at the German forum.

Right now we are a male-only community  ;D
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

Isaac Eiland-Hall

We have a reported ratio on this forum of something like 125:1 male:female ratio. But hardly surprising - we don't exclude women, but it's stereotypically more of a male interest...

sanna

Oops, I better take the survey to balance the gender ratio a bit *grin*

sdog

experimental is missing at this question: "Welche Versionen benutzen sie? | Which versions do you use?"

IgorEliezer

QuoteHow would you rate your knowledge?
(x) omniscient

*LIES*

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 08, 2010, 04:57:01 PMbut it's stereotypically more of a male interest...

There's a Brazilian stereotype that says women are very bad at driving. I feel better now. We are not alone. ;D

QuoteHow old are you?
20 to 40     60.00%
This explains a lot why our community isn't a mess, low banning rate, stupid questions are rare, high productivity (see forum stats:    
Incorporated Patches and Solved Bug Reports board is the section with the most posts). In younger communities, the General Discussion board (with spam and games) has the most activist of the forum.

And I know: we DO LOVE children. :P

skreyola

Quote from: sdog on August 09, 2010, 09:06:48 PM
experimental is missing at this question: "Welche Versionen benutzen sie? | Which versions do you use?"
Sounds like 'other' to me.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

Frank

Results of the first week

earnings

Users: 62

playing Simutrans:
34% 1 - 3 years
39% 5 - 10 years

time: 62% 4 - 20 hours

And the most interesting result of 3 users say they are omniscient.
My suggestion: these 3 users should maintain the help text and wikis

I miss an entry blog.simutrans.com

Fabio

Quote from: Frank on August 15, 2010, 06:11:48 PM
And the most interesting result of 3 users say they are omniscient.
My suggestion: these 3 users should maintain the help text and wikis

I think those 3 users are already active members of the community :)
(And one is probably Hajo himself)

Spike

Maybe in another life ;D

No, that must be some other people. Most of my Simutrans knowledge is so old now that I can't even help with many questions here in the forum. I think Frank is the one besides the programmers themselves who has the most complete knowledge about Simutrans. Prissi would be the other one, and the third in the survey was making fun ;)

Lmallet

Maybe Simutrans has become self-aware, and is voting by itself.   ;D

vilvoh

What do you exactly mean with this Frank?

Quote from: Frank on August 15, 2010, 06:11:48 PM
I miss an entry blog.simutrans.com

you mean we should publish an entry at the blog that redirects to the survey or on the contrary, we must publish a survey like that at the blog. Another posibility would be to comment the results in a blog entry...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

jonasbb

You could publish both.
At first the survey and then the results.

vilvoh

But, as far as I've understood, the survey is not closed yet, right? I mean, these would be the preliminary results...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

"At first the survey and then the results" says to me "You can publish the survey now, and then later publish the results". :)

vilvoh

vilvoh

Ok, I see. I'll post something soon (in a few minutes... ;D)

EDIT: done. Btw, I've realized that some of the questions have been already included in recent polls at the forum like the map size one.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

People are being asked to log in - I can confirm that when I try to open the survey, it asks me to log in (I previously complete it a week or so ago):

http://blog.simutrans.com/?p=998

EDIT: Commenter reports it's working now.

Frank

Quote from: Frank on December 07, 2008, 06:14:23 PM
when show an error page, then refresh the site

for vote accept you session cookie

And the session  does not start/resume by called directly the page.

Better it is linked to the article.
http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=128

vilvoh