News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Source images for all my Simutrans objects

Started by Ashley, January 22, 2012, 11:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

https://github.com/tbentropy/simutrans-graphics

I finally got around to sorting through these and uploading them. Hopefully they may be useful.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

rainer

Quote from: Timothy on January 22, 2012, 11:40:58 PM
Hopefully they may be useful.

Oh yes! Absolutely! *clap* *clap* *clap*

By having a first glance on them, I saw several objects which I would like to edit
for to use them in pak64.ho-scale. Which license did you choose?

wlindley

Does anyone have a way to convert .pspimage files to Gimp XCF files, or any other layer-based format that Gimp can read?  Google suggests that only older versions of PaintShop Pro can read .pspimage files.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ashley

They were created using Paint Shop Pro 8, I tried to find a way to convert them but didn't find anything obvious and don't have much time to spend on it. 99% of the images are there in .png form as well, and the .pspimage files only have additional layer information which makes them easier to edit.

As for licence, do as you wish, just don't put them under that godawful GPL.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

mEGa

Quote from: Timothy on January 23, 2012, 03:10:37 PM
They were created using Paint Shop Pro 8, I tried to find a way to convert them but didn't find anything obvious and don't have much time to spend on it. 99% of the images are there in .png form as well, and the .pspimage files only have additional layer information which makes them easier to edit.

Hi Timothy,
I tried to give a solution to your problem.
I tested to import el_concrete_highway128.psp (from your repository) with last version of Gimp (2.6). The error indicates, may be that is the additionnal noticed layer wich is cause of trouble. Can you just modify one file :
delete this layer and save as psp file ?
It is just to test if gimp could open the new file.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Ashley

I no longer have a copy of Paint Shop Pro 8 I'm afraid. From my experiments with GIMP and XnView only the background layer of the images was loaded in any case...

Also I'd like the clarify my position regarding a licence for these objects. I hereby release these objects created by me into the public domain. I retain copyright over that which I have released but give my permission to re-use and re-distribute the works as you see fit.

mEGa

After few tests, I'm afraid that there is no solution excepted get a recent version of a converter pspimage to png. Perhaps try to convert files with an evaluate version of Paint Shop Pro?
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks