News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

ground-slope-walls-128.png

Started by jamespetts, January 29, 2012, 01:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

As briefly discussed in the Underground thread, there is much to be said for changing the current ground-slope-walls-128.png image into something that looks rather like a brick retaining wall, as depicted, for example, here:

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sdog

i guess, this graphic can't have time-depending versions, and also different versions in cities? I'm not sure if this wouldn't look a bit weird in 1980, and or on the countryside.

The Hood

The current implementation is that all building foundations use a brick image and "ground" (including way) foundations use a rock image.  Obviously you could just easily change it so that you always had the brick image. I don't think time dependent versions are currently allowed.

deadlyboring

Maybe there is a chance to implement this retaining wall only to foundations next to railway tracks?

jamespetts

I have seen the brick foundation images for buildings - they do not really look like a brick retaining wall. It would be good to have a time dependant system (stone, brick, concrete), but that would take a fair bit of coding work, I should imagine.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.