News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Real height for buildings

Started by Václav, February 02, 2012, 02:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I found that since some version if something is under anything else (for example rail catenary under powerlines or building under elevated monorail) than it is not showed fully - and sometimes it is not good situation.

I would like to ask for minor correction in such style that catenaries (of roads or railways) will be displayed fully at all times - it means even if something will be over it - and, and it more important, dat files of buildings would contain line

real_height = number that means approximate part of tile height (for example 0.5)

So, no more should be situation that roof of any building will touch bottom side of monorail track or bridge and so on - because if real_height will be 2, than such building could not be built under diagonal tile (because such tiles are most problematic) of any track. But if real_height number would be (for example) 1.25 or 1.5, than that building could be built - because it could not touch that track.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

Use the underground mode to hide those top layer works already. I maybe I understood your request wrong.

TurfIt

I think the complaint is with the new clipping. With a bridge built over a tall object, it used to show through, now it's hidden.
I think the extension request is to have objects reserve their full height. i.e. prevent building of the bridge (or the tall object under it) in the first place.

prissi

That is an old todo request. It requires pak sets to provide this information. As soon as one house is missing, this will not work. We can add it easily to the pak already.

Václav

Quote from: TurfIt on February 02, 2012, 04:57:57 PM
I think the complaint is with the new clipping. With a bridge built over a tall object, it used to show through, now it's hidden.
Yes. That clipping is quite strange.

I think the extension request is to have objects reserve their full height. i.e. prevent building of the bridge (or the tall object under it) in the first place.
You are right in this. Also it is needed to do this with diagonal tiles of elevated ways of all types. There this conflict of building's height and elevation of ways is most visible.

And of course, I mixed two issues - as often. And I beg your pardon.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní