News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Passengers with "no route"

Started by Tha1337er, February 07, 2012, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tha1337er

Sorry for the VERY late post, but i had an idea for experimental. I usually end up with large amounts of passengers crowding my stations looking for a route that isnt there(either that or they cant read), would it be possible to build something into the code that makes possible passengers appear at stations that have routes to their destination?
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

I have split your post from the other topic, because it didn't seem to be related to demo.sve.

I'm afraid that I'm not sure that I quite follow what you are asking here - passengers already look to all start halts within their walking distance radius to check whether any of them have services to their destination. Was this what you meant, or did you mean something different?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Or is this about the "no route" number? in the station dialogue? This is likely to be high if (for example) you only have a small amount of cities connected to your network, since many of the passengers in the catchment area of the station will be unable to find a route to their desired destinations.

Stuart

I think what 'Tha' is asking, as I am now myself...

If a station shows, for example, 100 passengers with 'no route' ... is there a way or a solution to find or figure what that route may be ? i.e. Where do the passengers WANT to go that isn't already provided.

Any help or ideas would be good...

I'm pretty new at simutrans, but it reminds me so much of the old Transport Tycoon, as it's supposed to !
Help in this area would be much appreciated.

Regards

Stu

kierongreen

If you go to the town hall you can see two maps (one for current, one for previous month), these show where people in that town want to travel:
Yellow dots - route is available
Orange dors - route is unavailable (no route)
Red dot - route is overcrowded (unhappy)

jamespetts

In Experimental, there are also other colours:

• pink: there is a route, but it takes so long to get there that some passengers would rather not travel;
  • turquoise: the passengers get to their destination by private car; and
  • dark yellow: the passengers walk to their destination.
You can see a larger and clearer version of this map by going to the minimap, turning on the legend, selecting the "Pass. Dest." option and clicking on the city hall of your choice: you will then see all of the passenger destinations in the various colours on the main minimap.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.