News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Turntable? (there's one in pak.jp...)

Started by AP, February 09, 2012, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

So I saw this, thought it interesting, thought others might not have seen it.

In the repository at:
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Addon128%2FRailTools%201
is "Falling-stone protection and Turntable"

I have no idea how a turntable works for a pak, but find myself wondering if pak.gb could use one. (The snow shed's not bad either!).

greenling

AP
The Falling-stone protection and Turntable be are building.
I have those addon self in my Database.

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Those are very pretty - but I am somewhat dubious of features that have no economic function in the game.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

one problem with a lot of the station addons, or visual addons, on the jp site is the amount of clutter they create in the menu bar.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

AP

Quote from: jamespetts on February 09, 2012, 10:01:15 PM
Those are very pretty - but I am somewhat dubious of features that have no economic function in the game.
I was wondering whether in Experimental, the addition of one to a station might make trains reverse faster, for example?

The Menu bar issue is a problem I've found to when using addons. Shame we can't have sub-menus  /multiple drop-down buttons on each button, but the UI is a whole other thing...

prissi

You can have submenus, i.e. toolbar opening other toolbars.

Do not give the turntable an icon and add the tool using the turntable name and a toolbar icon can take care of that too.

jamespetts

Quote from: AP on February 09, 2012, 10:37:00 PM
I was wondering whether in Experimental, the addition of one to a station might make trains reverse faster, for example?

This has been considered, but I think that it would either work in unexpected ways or be too fiddly, and is probably not a good addition.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: AEO on February 09, 2012, 10:29:05 PM
one problem with a lot of the station addons, or visual addons, on the jp site is the amount of clutter they create in the menu bar.

I don't think they cause too much clutter if there isn't too much of it. A few rows of icons aren't that problematic - especially if they have sub-menues that are clear on what they are. I think that the pak would benefit greatly from more visual enhancements of perhaps no real importance to the game mechanics on their own (more varied station buildings and other details for example).