News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

AI gridlocked an entire city with trucks for no reason

Started by chrispytoes, October 07, 2023, 02:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrispytoes

I'm totally new to the game, starting in 1930, and just as I was starting to make profits for the first time the Goods AI built probably over 100 oil trucks for no reason, sent them all to a single station and totally gridlocked a major transit hub city, and now I'm losing money fast because of this.

I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into this, and if not then I can provide my save file if needed. Are there any other AIs to download or is this all there is?

Edit: I figured out how to switch to that company and I withdrew all the trucks. So I'll just leave this here as a bug report.

makie

The AI isn´t intelligent at all.
Most Simutrans player don´t use the AI, because the AI need constantly support from the player.

Andarix

Quote from: chrispytoes on October 07, 2023, 02:42:50 AM... Are there any other AIs to download or is this all there is?

There are 2 Squirrel Script AIs for Simutrans Standard.

But I don't know whether Simutrans-Extended now supports Squirrel.

Even the C-KI may not have been adapted to Simutrans-Extended. As a result, the C-AI is unlikely to have been further developed for over 10 years.

Matthew

I think Andarix is right: Extended does not claim to provide any support for AI play or the Squirrel API.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。