News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Minimap colour enhancements

Started by ӔO, February 12, 2012, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

Here are the originals.

Img 1. With nothing selected, the tracks are already dark red and stand out enough compared to the background objects. Note, that in the bottom left corner, bus stations are bright red.

Img 2. With tracks selected, unelectrified lines become white, electrified ones become bright red and the signals become yellow. Bright red of road stations become the same colour as electrified tracks.

Img 3. Ownership was selected to quickly assess how visible certain colours were against the background and it's clear that orange and player 3 red stand out best.

From above, yellow on white is very hard to see and white, yellow and bright red highlights can become hidden amongst various terrain.

Here, I have made a slight modification of the colours.

The orange used, is the same one from the factory button. (e78e00)
The red used is the player 3 red colour. (9c3810)
The other red used is the colour the tracks are normally displayed with. (630800)
The yellow signals stand out better on these colours and they are easier to see against various terrain and background objects.

I would like to suggest using 9c3810 for unelectrified tracks and e78e00 for electrified tracks, but maybe someone else has a better suggestion.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

prissi

I would greatly appreciate, that you make a table/list of what object you suggest with what color. What brown you want to associate with what? Do you mean the waytypes?

ӔO

ah, sorry if I wasn't clear.

The unelectrified tracks should show as (9c3810) on the minimap
The electrified tracks should show as (e78e00) on the minimap
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: