News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

EMD F45, Graphics done? coder wanted

Started by Packer, February 24, 2012, 07:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

Cool work!
I will look on weekend on your pakfiles.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Lmallet

Another alignment issue :)

The streamlined sleeper seems to not be aligned correctly, but only in one direction, towards upper-right (Simutrans north?).

I have to say I really enjoy these vehicles, my eyes have reajusted for pak64.  :)

Packer

I played with it over the weekend and it seems to play fine. Although getting passenger trains to be super profitable is kind of tricky (unless you resort to electrics), but I think I'll leave it that way.

Thanks for the notice Lmallet;

I looked at the file where the sleeper is still on the template, and I forgot to move it when I redid the template. I also noticed I forgot to update the electrics to the new template. Both are attached.
The Pack is back!!

Pak64US vehicles, goods files, road, and terrain tiles: download here
Pak64US would greatly appreciate helpers to get it off the ground:Please Help

greenling

(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Packer

Hopefully I got all the bugs worked out.

There may be some additional locomotives coming (a bunch more electrics, some new steam, and some big diesels) but probably after the tracks are modified.
The Pack is back!!

Lmallet

Did you catch the passenger RDC that only carries mail?  :)

Packer

I though that was fixed in the upload with everything...

I have the stats for the tracks and tunnels editied, but editing the track graphics and the bridges to reflect the new shading isn't going very well. Tunnels went well though.

I included the tracks, but they aren't prefect just yet. There are new signals, but I'll update them when I get the code for pak128's signals (signals change over time.)

I'm thinking a timeline for the signals would be Semaphore, 3-light, then searchlight. Electrics would be the same, but CPLs (VERY complicated IRL) instead of semaphores.

Tracks and signals:http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/way-sandrail-winter.zip
The Pack is back!!

Lmallet

By the way Packer, I just want to say (again) that I am enjoying this pak very much, I have not played Simutrans this much in a long time.  Very good work (even if you borrowed the graphics).

Another alignment issue.  :)  The rear-facing GP7 seems to have the wrong image for all views going upward (see attached picture).

Quote from: Packer on April 18, 2012, 02:32:07 PM
I'm thinking a timeline for the signals would be Semaphore, 3-light, then searchlight. Electrics would be the same, but CPLs (VERY complicated IRL) instead of semaphores.

Just keep in mind that 3-light and searchlight signals were created roughly around the same time.  Searchlights for the longest time were the brightest, and were well on their way to replace 3-light signals, however, I have noticed in the last few years that the 3-light is making a comeback (probably due to better bulbs).  I would do semaphore-searchlight-3light myself, but you are the boss! 

CPLs are simply evil.  :)

Packer

I'm in the middle of moving my files from one computer to another (which hasn't arrived yet, but is much faster). So it could be a couple weeks before I release more stuff. I have a steel girder bridge done, along with some new locomotives (they are a suprise)
The Pack is back!!

greenling

Packer
Have you a Computer with Working USB Port?

Packer

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while, but I've been really busy with my personal life.

I should be able to get back to work on this stuff soon, I just have to locate the portable hard drive with all the files on it...
The Pack is back!!

Lmallet

Quote from: Packer on June 20, 2012, 11:07:13 PM
Sorry I haven't updated this in a while, but I've been really busy with my personal life.

I should be able to get back to work on this stuff soon, I just have to locate the portable hard drive with all the files on it...
We shall wait patiently :)

railfan727

This stuff is absolutely awesome... I'm glad to see someone doing prototypical US rail equipment!!!
Now, I'd love to see some tractor-trailers... and industries!
How about scrap yards that produce scrap metal, load it into gondolas, and ship to either regular steel mills or new-style "mini-mills" that use electric arc furnaces to convert scrap directly into new steel?
Or different types of agricultural-based industries... corn to ethanol (for fuel) and dry distiller's grain, corn syrup, etc.  Grain elevators that take grain from individual farms (which have their own private trucking fleets in real life) and load into railcars (or river barges) for onward shipment.  Fertilizer factories that convert chemicals to fertilizers, then ship to grain elevators (which in turn distribute it to individual farmers).
Glass factories?
Ready-mix concrete plants that take in sand, cement powder, and aggregate by rail or truck (and deliver the finished product directly to the job site where it is used)... in our Simutrans world, it would act as an end user and not produce any products for us to ship...

Packer

Sorry about the delay, but I finally have all my stuff set up from the move. I just don't recall where I left off, but I have all the files and such. So what was I doing when I left?
The Pack is back!!

Packer

Thanks Igor. Looks I was working on buildings...

Personally I'd like another person to help with determining which buildings look American. I think I have a good idea, but I think some of my choices are kinda questionable... I've got most of the ones I've chosen flipped. It's just a matter of coding and balancing them...
The Pack is back!!

Fifty

Happy to see some work on this project again! If I have some time I would be happy to help out as I can with balancing/dats or work on the timeline. Feel free to PM me if I can be of help...
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Packer

Sweet, thanks Fifty.

I haven't done much since the last post. Been working like crazy during the Thansgiving week. I'm gonna try to load everything onto this new computer.

Guess I'll continue working on buildings and seeing if there are any bugs with the trains.
The Pack is back!!

Packer

The Pack is back!!

Packer

Update: Not much really going on lately with the Pak.

Fifty's volunteered to work on balancing, and I'm still plugging away at choosing american-looking buildings. I'm just not certain how to balance buildings for the game. And with the holiday season I've been pretty busy at work.
The Pack is back!!

okurz

does someone care to re-upload the file or provide an update on the car set? Did any of these find their way into pak64 already, maybe?

Fifty

Here's the pak Files for pakUSA: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/PakUSA.zip

I also have all the source files (images and DAT files) on my computer but can't seem to upload them for whatever reason. PM me if you want them and I can email them to you.

I can't believe it's been almost three years since this was last active. I think there has just not been the time to get this project rolling. I'd love to see this competed if I had the time, the graphics are beautiful and plentiful.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?