News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Time going very slow, date not showing month or day of month

Started by TonVerkaik, February 27, 2012, 11:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonVerkaik

Dear all,

I think I noticed a bug. Normally the ours fly by in Simutrans, even in normal (slow) mode. But since today the minutes in Simutrans crawl by very slowly. An hour in Simutrans, normal mode, takes about 25 real-life seconds. In fast mode, an hour takes about 2 seconds. I tried reloading the game quite some times with pak64 and pak128, also after restarting my computer. I noticed it the first time when I loaded a saved pak64-game in pak128 mode, maybe something went wrong there? I didn't save the game. Everything still runs at the speed I was used to, except for the time itself. What's still running normally: trains, cars, money flow and even months (in the diagrams) and seasons (displayed at the lower left corner).

In addition to this, neither the name of the month nor the day of the month shows up anymore (see attached screenshot). Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? Bug reports filed?

I run Simutrans 111.1 on a Mac with OS X 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance!

kierongreen

Have you recently upgraded your pak versions? It's possible you changed bits per month and/or the date display format through this.

If you find your pak config/simuconf.tab and look for lines:

###################################time settings################################

# Enforce vehicle introduction dates?
# 0 = all vehicles available from start of the game
# 1 = use introduction dates
# 2 = (default) use settings during game creation
#
use_timeline = 2

# Starting year of the game:
# Setting it below 1930 is not recommended!
# You will have problems with missing vehicles, do not complain if you do so!
# Setting it above 2040 will render game bit boring - no new vehicles.
starting_year = 1930

# Should month be shown in date?
#(0=no, 1=yes, 2>=show day in japan format=2, us format=3, german=4)
# This is most useful, if you use longer months than the default length (see below)
#
show_month = 1

# Global time multiplier (will be save with new games)
# 2^bits_per_month = duration of a game month in microseconds real time
# default is 18. For example, 21 will make the month 2^3=8 times longer in real time
# production and maintainance cost will be adjusted accordingly.
#
#128x128 use only 2 times longer months... should be way enough for normal games.
#
bits_per_month = 20

prissi

THe display can be controlled by show_month. There you can select whatever time you want to display. Since with some setting a month consist of only three days, the hours will be much longer. Most easy is to delete settings.xml in your personal simutrans folder. Just create a new game and set under show_month a value larger than 1. (YOu can do this also in your simuconf.tab).

passengerpigeon

I have just gotten this problem today, seemingly caused by pak.Britain applying its settings to my other instance of Simutrans with Pak64. How exactly do I modify the simuconf.tab to change the behavior back to default pak64?
Thanks,
Passengerpigeon.
Edit: Never mind, fixed it by changing the timeline to "2" in the "New Game" menu.