News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

More of a serious than the last: Forum reorganization

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, March 02, 2012, 11:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Change can be difficult to accept if it is not one's own idea. Case in point: With the recent discussion about how to reorganize the forum, I felt a couple of things:

1. CHANGE IS BAD. hehe

2. I had difficulty visualizing the changes, so it was one reason I stayed out of the discussion

3. I now use this link always:http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0

So, for all these reasons, I felt uncomfortable offering up many opinions, as I didn't want to say, "No! It works fine now! Don't touch it!" -- and some of it did seem logical. :)

After it was done, I immediately saw how it was a better layout. I made the right call in not speaking up. I absolutely made the right decision (and got lucky!) when I picked additional forum administrators: They did a good job here, and have been doing good jobs for many years now.

I think, as I still retain the title "Benevolent Dictator", that perhaps some attribute some of the good work they do to me. So let me unequivocally say: It is definitely a team effort, and for that, I am glad. :-)

Not everything makes everyone happy - there are some who surely don't like the reorganization, but I imagine with a little bit of time to get used to it, it'll be okay for nearly everyone.

Thank you to the forum administration team. Thank you to the Dev Team and coders/patchers. Thank you to the Devotees. And thank you to all the members of the forum who help make this the place it is. Anyone who visits typical forums of any kind will realize that we have a generally polite and respectful and helpful community here. Sure, we have problems sometimes (I'm not just referencing the recent problems, but we've had issues from time to time), but so far, we've always gotten through them just fine with time. :-)

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on March 02, 2012, 11:50:02 PMSo let me unequivocally say: It is definitely a team effort, and for that, I am glad. :-)
This.

And, on top of that, there's something else other than Simutrans that keeps me here: the Community.