News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

SMSC March 2012 Edition: Heavy industries

Started by vilvoh, March 03, 2012, 06:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Here we go with a new edition of the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The March's topic is Heavy industries. Show us the factories you have built and their conections.

Rules

• Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic:  Heavy industries
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 18th March. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prize: A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.
Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

An_dz

Here's my contribution: It's from a save I'm creating the whole world. It's not really playable, but will be.

This is the An_dz Business Park. It's inspired in a business park from my city. It's a place where investors can raise their factories in an area with all the needed services already done. Lot of industries in this place are connected, but not everything. Some require products from industries outside this park, but inside the industrial area. And some need products from far places, like from the rural area(Not yet built).
This park is located in the industrial area of the same city I took my picture for October 2010 competition.

pak96.comic with some addons.

Isaac_Clarke

La Saune Technopolis

Situated in the city of Toulouse (230.000 inhabitants) and along the peripheral, this area is home to companies manufactures electronics devices and their headquarters. Raw materials are transported by train. This area contains a big bakery work too.
La Saune is accessible by Buses, 1 line of Metro and soon, 1 line of Tramway.

From my real game, pak128 with addons.

mEGa

Coast Heavy industries of Grenoble

Real game, pak110

A big steelworks supplied by trains and trucks coming from various mines. this feed more factories supplied by boats, trains and trucks :

- 2 neighborhood canneries
- 2 fareaway factory cars
- anothers fareaway caneries

You can see also a big plantation of trees in North.

City of Grenoble near sea (in the game not in reality ;) was in the beginning a fishing middle port of   grow up since heavy industries came here.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

HDomos

Industrial area of Edinburgh and Lancaster

Edinburgh is the second largest town on the map, it has now ~860000 inhabitants (in the game), and Lancaster is a smaller town with ~40000 inhabitants.
This industrial area provide most of the goods for the two town, including cars (not seen in picture), ethanol, gasoline, furniture, concrete, planks, books, etc.
The wind power plants and the oil-fired power station are giving 18000MW power, which supports the factories and the cityes too (i'm playing with experimental).
The raw and partially processed materials come from the hills in south-west, by trains (4 line), trucks (lots of lines :) ), by ships (7 line) and by a maglev freight line. There are 5 stations in the area for the goods. Road trains and boats transport the goods between the 5 stations in the area.
Two passenger metro lines and a trolley bus transport the workers to the area.
The finished products go by trucks into the cities, and  ~5 ship lines in canals.

Modified game (i built the factories and most of the chains), but all factories in the area are producing :) I'm using pak128 with a lot of addons.

Eric Moreira

[PT] Tradução em Google Tradutor

Belem a capital do Pará foi o cenario escolhido (mais uma vez), localizando varias industrias pesadas: refinaria, siderurgica, serralheria e uma concessionaria ao fundo. Por se tratar de industrias no meio da Floresta Amazonica, resolvir optar por mais barcos pois e uma região com mais rios.

Nenhum add-on
Não é real
Zoom
Resolução:800x600

[EN] Translation in Google Translator

The capital of Belem do Pará was the scenario chosen (again), locating various heavy industries: oil refinery, steel mill, sawmill and a dealership in the background. In the case of industries in the middle of the Amazon rainforest, resolvir opt for more boats and a region with more rivers.

No add-on
Not is real
zoom
Resolution:800x400

[Imagem] Image:
http://imageshack.us/f/846/simscr09.png/
[PT]EDIT: mudei a palavra, e coloquei um site só.Obrigado pelas dicas.
[EN]EDIT: I changedthe word, and putonlyonesite. Thanks for the tips.

[PT]Como não sei falar ingles, uso tradutor do Google que é mais facil.
[EN]As I can not speak English, use Google translator which is easier.
I do not speak other languages​​, only the Portuguese (br)
Não falo outras línguas, somente o Portugues (br)

vilvoh

@Eric, I suggest you to upload a screenshot without tooltips, I will look better and surely will have more chances to win.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

An_dz

Just want to say that the translation is wrong in Eric post.
Where it says There is real it should be Not real.

May confuse people that don't know portuguese thinking it's from a real game.

Sybill

Car and fuel industry in Oldwell

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Oldwell.png

The city of Oldwell has a coal-fired power station, a steel mill, a refinery, a car factory (not in this screenshot, it's in the northwestern edge of the city), a petrol station and a car dealer. The car factory supplies another car dealer in a second city in the south.
This is from a real game, but i stopped some trains to have them together in one screenshot ;D .

pak128.britain