News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Does false mean true in German or is it the other way around?

Started by isidoro, March 04, 2012, 11:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isidoro

At least that is what Google says (see the attached picture).

When doing the class diagram for ding_t this evening, I had to use the Google translator once and again since I forgot most of the words I had learned some weeks ago.  And this is what Google translates for one of the comments of the code...  Incredible...  :o

prissi

Maybe somebody in your IP range is not liked by homeland security activated "Google code obsfucation" for this IP range ...

isidoro

:D

Edit: now rethinking about your post, maybe you are saying that from your computer, Google doesn't translate that way.  In that case, maybe someone has filled the box "Suggest a better translation" in between...

Waterlootube97

From my knowledge, German for "false" is "falsche" and "true" is "wahr"

isidoro

Sure.  The funny thing was that when I asked to Google Translate to translate "false" from German to English, the answer was "true"!!!

I have checked now and it still works and is very strange: if you type "@return false", it translates from German to English "@return false", but if you add the word "wenn", it changes "false" and becomes "true"...  :D

An_dz

This happens if you translate to any language...
-1 for you Google Translate. :D

isidoro

Much on the contrary...  I like it.  It makes Google Translate so human...
Imperfection makes perfection.