News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Having two choose signals

Started by 123abc, March 07, 2012, 09:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123abc

Am I able to have two choose signals because the way I have my lines set up it would be helpful to have them set up so they can take trains and not have them sit on the main line, I can get a picture on here if helpful!

AP

It is possible to have two independent entrances to a multi-platform single station, with each of the two entrances having a choose signal.

But there are a number of things that choose signals cannot do because of how they are coded, you have to be a bit careful with them, so a diagram would let us make sure what you're planning will work.

For instance, choose signals at a station entrance will thoroughly confuse a train which wants to run through, but not stop at, that station, so having a pair of choose signals in that scenario (one in each direction) is probably not a good idea.

Carl

Quote from: AP on March 07, 2012, 08:43:44 PM
For instance, choose signals at a station entrance will thoroughly confuse a train which wants to run through, but not stop at, that station, so having a pair of choose signals in that scenario (one in each direction) is probably not a good idea.

You can deal with this as follows: if you want a train to run through a station with choose signals, give it a waypoint a tile or two after the through-station's platforms. That way it will book its passage only to that waypoint, and not get too confused.