News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Early retirement

Started by Ters, March 14, 2012, 08:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

I'm fast approaching the current date in one of my games, and start facing the problem I have been facing in every game at that game date: the selection of vehicles declines. Part of the reason for this is probably that pak64 was originally made several years ago and I have now moved into its future, but some vehicles also get retired when they haven't been retired in the real world. The vehicle I specifically have in mind right now is BR250, an electric locomotive that Simutrans retires in 2010, but which is still an important part of DB Schenker's fleet according to Wikipedia. Simutrans also lacks a proper replacement for heavy freight trains.
The problem also affects road vehicles, where there are no alternatives to big and fast semis for many freight types.

greenling

Ters
You be speak over the Br250 out pakgerman?
Well Those Machines are not more up todate.
The wrecking from the Machines have beginning.
The br140 it also not more up to date.
This Machines bewrecking too.
And the Br151 it also not more up to date.
Also have the wrecking have beginning.
That´s have i be read in some Railway news.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ters

I'm talking about pak64. This is the pak64 board, isn't it? And it doesn't matter that wrecking had begun, what matters in when the last locomotive is taken out of service. Decades may pass between these two events.

prissi

That can be easily fixed.

greenling

prissi
That´s it´s not easy to fix it.
The br 250 it a Engine they have beginning to wrecking of engines.
The beginning of wrecking from br250 it the beginning of retiremts.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Ters

If they're still rolling, they're still rolling. They were produced over a span of 7 years, and it might take just as long to wreck them, or even longer. The BR38 might be a good example. I can't find any dates, but I suspect they started wrecking them long before the final one(s) were retired in the 1970's. Other times, the process of retiring a locomotive class has to be put on hold because of unforeseen problems with their replacements.

The BR38 also suggests that the retirment date in Simutrans is the date for when the process of retirement is completed, not when it started.

prissi

THe BR38 actually run fairly much until the end of steam. In 1977 every steamer in western germany was banned from running.

Ters

A bit off-topic, but DB Class 250 doesn't appear to be quite right, as it should either be DR Class 250 or DB Class 155. BR38 is also a bit ambiguous, as I noticed when trying to look it up on Wikipedia.

greenling

Ters and Prissi
The Big gap they it gives by Vehicles for the Future can only be close then we make less nightlys.
The nighlys uses ours freetime.
edit :
I Have a list how be stand how many Engiens it gives by the Deutsche Bahn AG.
On Friday can be scan i the booh in!