News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

improper placement of road signs

Started by grampybear, March 20, 2012, 02:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampybear

using pak128v111.2.2 with addons I have just noticed that the placement of private road, or no city car signs line up wrong on the new roads or have I missed a fix for this? Thank you

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vladki

Hi, I'm working on replacement set of roadsigns, can you try them in your version, if they are placed correctly?
https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/

VS

Well, if the addon signs show wrong, then the addon is to blame... You could check if non-addon signs orientate properly, which could give a definite answer.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Lmallet

Well, my private sign was made quite a while ago, it might need to be recompiled with a newer version of makeobj.  That being said, I doubt I still have the source...

prissi

grampybear

@Vladki, Tried your signs, Thank you. Sorry not much better with exception of roundabout sign which works fine. The no city cars and the private road sign are from older vs and worked fine on the old roads. Again Thank you all

[IMG=http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8708/simscr00.png][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vladki

Hmm, in that case old MakeOBJ might be the problem. I use Makeobj version 49 for simutrans 100.0 and higher

prissi

Problem are single way signs combined with private road. Those show not the correct reservation sate. 111.2.2 will show correct images, but those are no longer officially supported.

Vladki

I think the problem with private road signs is the introduction of toll gates. They have the same info in dat (pak) file, but different bahavior. So old private_road signs are not usable in 111.x ?

grampybear

If the problem of sign aligement is with the new toll gates, can they be removed from the game and saved games restored with road signs?

prissi

The signs work; but when a private road sign has four images, the software now assumes two are for closed and two for open.

Combining signs was never officially documented and it was more of an accident it did work. The easy solution is to no combine sign. (I think the nightly should do this correct again. I worked on it, but I forgot if it was easily solveable.)

grampybear

Using the latest nightly the standard pak one-way and choose signs work fine. I have tried 3 different private road addon signs and none work. They face only in one direction or down the middle of the road.

greenling

grampybear
please upload those addon´s how make problems!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

grampybear

Thank you. I only have the pak files, no source files

Vladki

Maybe I was not clear. I'm author of one of them (the middle one), its dat is like this:

obj=roadsign
waytype=road
is_private=1
...etc...

All three of them work perfectly in simutrans 100. The problem is that toll gates (in version 111) have the same dat file - is_private=1, but completely different behavior. Thus the old private road signs behave like toll gates - you can set which players can go through, but the images are just wrong, as prissi said - 4 images - 2 for closed, 2 for open, but the old signs have 4 images for 4 directions. So forget about using these old signs in new versions. Their graphics have to be replaced by gate.

VS

This is probably solved after Fabio's edits. Can anyone please confirm that?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ny911

using nightly r6288 and pak128 2.2.0 r1140 
and found the problem again

VS

Ahh, the highway signs are broken, too...

TODO.

DirrrtyDirk

Well at least for straights it can be corrected (although you will still have back- / frontimage problems). But I don't think it can be totally solved for curves and diagonals...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****