News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Please remove the money icon with my head from all the pak sets

Started by Spike, March 30, 2012, 02:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Please remove the money icon with my head from all the pak sets. Also I want that all sets but pak128 remove any statues or such that use my image. For pak128 I once made a special version which is authorized to be used in pak128.

Fabio

Here's a Finance window button, for Pak 128 and for any other pakset whose maintainer wants to use it...

Please feel free to comment it, I can improve it if needed...

ӔO

Just a thought.
If the icons were to be overhauled, then it might be nice if they were designed for colour blind users.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Fabio

A better version of my icon.

Icons will need to be all revamped anyway, they are too an inconsistent set...

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

I find version 1 nicer, as it is not so overcrowded. Maybe put the money without multiplying?

Fabio

Ok Prissi, I made 3 more versions.

Pakset maintainers can choose among them.

If the paksets are updated this weekend, I believe next nightlies will have them included.

Fabio

My favourite is finance3.png

I made also a new version of Pak128 menu_buttons.png for faster inclusion:

The single buttons can also be downloaded from my site:

michelstadt

PAK128.german uses Spike's icon as well. We will remove it with the next release which will come up in three months at least. If you, Spike, find it too long, we will make a special release in the meantime.

EDIT: I forgot to say thank you to Fabio for his alternative icons. PAK128.german will use icon4 as far as I see.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Fabio

I kept versions with more money to bring luck to the players: to be rich and profitable ;)

Time to move this thread to artists corner, Imho.

The Hood

Spike

jamespetts

Quote from: The Hood on April 05, 2012, 02:45:38 PM
pak128.Britain now also uses icon 4.

Hmm - doesn't the existing one fit in better? I don't think that it had Hajo's image on it, did it?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

An_dz

Yes, it did. But it's modified, the money symbol is pound and the color is sepia.

Roads

@AEO

There are a few, no idea how many, that are a little color blind.  I'm in that group.  If a color is yellowish green, it is yellow to me.  I only know it is green if someone tells me it is.  I can almost never tell the difference between blue and purple.  No idea how the color blind problem affects others but for me I usually don't have a problem if the color is "pure."  It's the shades that give me trouble.  Thanks AEO for mentioning this.

The Hood

Quote from: jamespetts on April 25, 2012, 01:00:18 AM
Hmm - doesn't the existing one fit in better? I don't think that it had Hajo's image on it, did it?

Yes it did, only recoloured and using a pound symbol.

jamespetts

Ahh. Hmm. Perhaps we need to replace that with a picture of Queen Victoria - I rather liked the existing icon for Pak128.Britain. (Fabio's icon is lovely, incidentally, and I like that, too, but the Pak128.Britain one fits better with the pakset).

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts