News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

industry chains

Started by sdog, April 01, 2012, 03:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdog

in case some of you forgot how the industries in this pak are linked to each other, z9999+ published an excellent graph in the japanese forum:
http://forum.japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=462.msg2308#msg2308

isidoro

Excellent!

If I had time, I would add some pictures or do the same for the vehicles...

The Hood

This is great! Given the large number of objects in pak128.Britain (especially trains) I had always thought it would be a good idea to have some sort of online manual describing what everything does, but of course there's always something else to do...

sdog

We could ask z9999+ for the source code.

jayem

Since seeing the request I'm working on some draft graphs to do this.
It's going a bit slow because it's not my biggest priority (if I had the time/skill to commit to doing things well I'd make objects or code).

Here is a draft speed v year graph for engines (&tenders) it's very much prototypical/proof of concept.

But if anyone has any grand suggestions of what to graph, clever tips etc... then I may as well work them in early.

[eta updated image]

isidoro

Very interesting!

Though, for me, it seems more natural if high speeds are at the top and low speeds at the bottom.

greenling

Need everyone a list with the maxium pullable weight and topspeed?
Then it be wished  then can i one be make.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Intriguing idea! (Although you seem to be missing out railcars/multiple units from this mix).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

greenling

Jamespetts
QuoteIntriguing idea! (Although you seem to be missing out railcars/multiple units from this mix).
This is not a big problem!
I have the PNG and DAT-files from Pak128.britain!
And from Pak128.britain exp have the data also.
(Please note, it is possible the new error be found! )
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jayem

I'm trying to get it semi-scripted (that way it should be easy to update).

I think the reason for the lack of some trains is that they were in a different folder, I only downloaded the trains folder so far.
However multiple trains are in the same .dat file so that might influence things.  Also the pictures should all be east facing but some clearly aren't.

I will flip the graph (as suggested) but at the moment there is a flaw with the axis.

I think of key interest (at least I'd like to know it) would be trains/etc.. profitability in different situations.  But that will require some calculation (and some luck in finding good heuristics).  For standard that should be easy, for experimental the speed/comfort aspects are going to dominate and need accounting for.

I can share the (java) file used so far (I'll attach it here tomorrow, after making a few revisions/comments), although it should hopefully be better in a months time.

[new stuff]

As promised the file (you'll need to check to see it's not going to be destructive and then rename & compile it), it defaults to carriage cost per passenger.*
It's not really necessary as it's really only the finished graphs that matter (but it may as well be available).
I'll try and build a few next weekend,  and try to have enough for a summary sheet by next month (buses should be well complete as they'll be well behaved and self contained).

Thanks for suggestion on power, previous check was on freight type, hence the tenders and no multi-purpose.
Current, major, flaw is that the transparent parts of the picture are too large. 
*incidental 390f pantograph rear (and a few others) are vastly more expensive despite having no power.  I presume it's a feature of being part of a train assembly...but I'll have a look.

jamespetts

It's not the folder - multiple unit vehicles are in the same folder, but counted as powered railway carriages, rather than locomotives. What you need to do, I think, is to filter, not by whether something is defined as a locomotive, but by whether it has a power rating. This will then cover all powered vehicles (although you will then have the problem that you will get duplicates - the front and rear driving motor cars of multiple units, etc. - although one might say that the tenders are superfluous in the present graph).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.