News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Please help: unknown CD

Started by VS, December 12, 2008, 09:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

After spending a few holidays with a suitcase of CDs, I bought a player and started moving all the music on it... it's certainly lighter and easier to handle now :D

Anyway, apart from some others, this one disc in particular is a mystery to me. I identified Rachmaninov's second symphony just fine, and the first track is just a fanfare, but can't even begin to guess the other works.

Does anyone know/guess what these might be?

PS: it was a gift from exchange students to my mother.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Well the composer are written there in plain latin letters. Other than that retranslation is difficult for me.

1. fanfare

2nd Poulenc
      2nd piece? for piano and ?

3rd Rutter
     lesser(?) magnifikat

4th said Rachmaniow

5th Delibes
      Ballet "Koppelia" (well the name is just sound ... )

This is all my japanese can muster on a short time scale ...

z9999

Maybe...

1. Fanfare for Inter-highschool championships in Kyoto (1997) (original)

2. Concerto for 2 pianos & orchestra in D minor

3. Magnificat

4. Symphony No. 2 in E minor, Op. 27

5. "Coppelia" (Coppélia)
Prelude and Mazurka (Prelude et Mazuruka)

VS

Thank you! It is 100% correct, I checked all these works and the movement (?) names and lengths match.

Is there any information on artists?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

z9999

Quote from: VS on December 13, 2008, 10:41:57 AM
Is there any information on artists?

Added.  :)

1-5. chorus & orchestra: Kyoto Municipal Senior High School of Music (京都市立音楽高等学校)

conductor: Masahiko Kurano (藏野雅彦)
pianos: Chizuru tani (谷千鶴),
Hiroyuki Abe (阿部裕之)

conductor: Susumu Kasai (葛西進)
soprano: Mari Masaki (正木真理)
chorus: Kyoto Municipal Senior High School of Music

VS

Thanks a lot! This is great, now I finally know what is there!