News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

pak128.Britain wishlist

Started by The Hood, April 02, 2012, 06:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

QuoteI would strongly support your request for external connections, but this is mostly an extension request. One possibility within the current program is to code a factory
I think coding it as a factory with a large number of non-codependent goods demanded/produced could indeed be a good way to do it.

Your comments 1&2 are why I i think coding the Port (on land), not the "external connection" (at sea) might work better - the vehicles don't have to travel off map at all, it's just assumed. For 3, maybe restrict the building to occuring on a water-edge tile within 5 cells of the map-edge, if that can be done?

If it could be coded so that new goods come online / old ones deminsh, with time, that would seem clever too. Or maybe e.g. a "c19th port" gets superceded by a "container port" later on.

jayem

Tried experimental and a more up to date pak following James comment.
Tube lines look amazing.  Victorian cities (especially the variety of churches and houses) likewise.
Not yet used to the passengers fussiness and boarding time, but it feels like it's going to be even more immersive than vanilla.
So all in all, an amazing addition to an amazing game.

AP

Quote from: jayem on April 23, 2012, 10:26:14 PMNot yet used to the passengers fussiness and boarding time, but it feels like it's going to be even more immersive than vanilla.

It is. Word of warning though, the balancing isn't done yet, it's much more challenging to make a profit.