News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Convoi templates

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, April 09, 2012, 04:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

It would be really handy to be able to save a small library of convoi templates, i.e. a truck+trailer or engine+cars that one could choose from in the depot dialogue box somehow.

I'm sure many of us have a few standard setups that would be really handy to have quick access to. And this could be saved per pak, but across the entire Simutrans installation, so once I created a convoi template in pak64, it'd be available to all pak64 games.

Of course, if a component wasn't available, Simutrans could hide the template, just like hiding electric trains when the depot isn't on electrified track...

edit: Perhaps a new tab in the depot - e.g. Trucks - Trailers - Busses - Templates for a truck depot.....

ӔO

as long as it's not like google auto suggestion, I support ;)
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

kierongreen

I'd go for an extra tab "Favourites"in the depot window. When selected this would have a list of convoi formations underneath instead of individual vehicles (probably just as one per row). Underneath the convoi display at the top, below resale value for convois being built you could have an add to favourites button, and on the favourites list convois there could be buttons to "Buy" or "Remove" each convoi formaation. You could also have a button in any convoi details window to add that formation to the favourites.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

AEO: LOL

Kierongreen: This sounds pretty much like the fleshed out version of what I was thinking. Perfect. :)

Packer

Quote from: kierongreen on April 09, 2012, 08:38:13 AM
I'd go for an extra tab "Favourites"in the depot window. When selected this would have a list of convoi formations underneath instead of individual vehicles (probably just as one per row). Underneath the convoi display at the top, below resale value for convois being built you could have an add to favourites button, and on the favourites list convois there could be buttons to "Buy" or "Remove" each convoi formaation. You could also have a button in any convoi details window to add that formation to the favourites.

I like this idea. It'd be great for busy lines where everything needs to be the same. Alternatively a clone convoi template wouldbe just as good.
The Pack is back!!

Pak64US vehicles, goods files, road, and terrain tiles: download here
Pak64US would greatly appreciate helpers to get it off the ground:Please Help

isidoro

Most of these ideas are of common use in present-day interfaces, together with a Recently Used tab.  Those save a lot of work.  I support.

rsdworker

i support - i was thinking a train factory to churn all trains out - Mass production to speicifc lines - present i have to make same train at line depot - its hard work making alot of trains at same time
with this template - means i can set the factory and churn alot trains to depots and i can assign them at depot or Store depot saves me from making same sets in separate depots for specific line
the Store depot - keeps trains mothballed till needed them
the normal depot - services and keeps active trains 

VS

I like where the general movement goes :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!