News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

About parasite lightning pixels

Started by mEGa, April 15, 2012, 08:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

Hi,
I m going to tell you (graphic artists and others) my recursive problem with lightning parasite pixels under Gimp...
I 'll try to explain the environment :

When I draw or touch up  an addon with Gimp, I use (too much may be ?) layers to create shadows, pieces and element accessories, some other effects... But after I blended layers and exported to png file (without alpha channel), I always have some pixels wich correspond to special lightning pixels... And engage a hard fight against them  :P

My present solution to correct this :
use "change 2 colors function" of Gimp... But imho, it is not a valid and stable solution :
1) it's fastidious to rectify all of colors, color per color ... layer per layer... And sometimes this modify a real lightning pixel ( second improvement : I recently make a special layer only for lights...)
2) all of bugs aren't corrected because they can appear with combination of colors of 2 layers (one color on layer can be half transparent...)

So, Have you some experiment ? Any solution ? last fabio's toolbox could be The stable tool for that ?

Thanks per advance to your feedback

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

ӔO

if you load the png file in shades, you can easily fix unwanted special colours.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

mEGa

Ok, but I wanted to rectify in source file directly because it is first to create many fork versions...
I found I believe a solution with Fabio's toolbox with function "remove special colors".
I select one layer and apply this function with following options :
- non darkening greys
- Windows
- players colors (primary & secondary)
-  lights (except lighten/darken)

Of course I do not apply this on my special "lights" and "player's colors" layers

I's better than I made for this day.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Fabio

Thank you for trying my toolbox.
Please, tell me how could it be improved, I'm willing to make it a standard Simutrans Artist's tool.