News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Post - weight of 1 bag - error in airplane payload.

Started by Milko, May 08, 2012, 03:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

I am a little confused. The cargo of the models 727 and the 747 were configured considering that 1 bag of mail weights 50kg. Strangely, all previous models of aircraft were configured considering that 1 bag of mail weights 85kg (the same value of a person's weight). I just can not understand how I could be wrong calculations. In the past I checked the weight per bag by opening the list of goods in the game (game and pak in experimental version). It may be that in the past pak was configured so that 1 bag of mail weighed 85kg? However currently the aircraft (excluding 727 and 747 that are ok) are not properly configured as the cargo was calculated by dividing the max payload to 85kg. I propose in future to recalculate the correct payload characteristics and fix airplanes.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Giuseppe

greenling

Milko
A Wieght from 85kg for a Bag Post it´s too high!
I Find a wieght from 25 kg good choise!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Milko

Hello James

I published some corrections in my repository of aircraft payloads. The branch is "payload". If you want you can embed in master pak128brit exp.
It remains to do the work for the 727 and 747 (have not been updated in the exp repository), in this case the corrections are small. Also remains in suspense as to calculate the values ​​of the payload for the goods (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=9895.msg95664#msg95664).

I have to "force" the pull towards you or you can pick up by themselves?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Giuseppe,

thank you for that work. However, your repository is not a branch of my repository or a repository of which my repository is a branch, so I can't simply pull from your repository to mine. The aircraft .dat files I might have modified in the Experimental repository in any event - can you check there to see whether they are correct, and, if not, let me know what I need to change? I should note that the cargo weights are not the same in Experimental as Standard.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello James

Odd

Milkogit is my repository and is a fork of your repository, (I am attaching a graph of the members) I'm I doing wrong?

Maybe I have to ask you a pull request?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Ohh, you have a fork of the Experimental repository? Hmm - perhaps I missed that. Could you do a pull request, in that case? That might be helpful. Thank you!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

jamespetts