The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Most selfish person are those who take horses  (Read 2438 times)

Offline pwhk

• Languages: ZH, EN
Most selfish person are those who take horses
« on: May 12, 2012, 07:03:48 AM »
I play without timeline, and I find those horses are too slow on my 64km/h road! They could block the traffic entirely, having a long queue behind them, and of course it includes many of my buses... Though they can be overtaken, only one car can do so, and depends on the traffic of the other side...

I would suggest do not ever generate horses when played without timeline, it is ridiculous to see horses blocking all sorts of cars behind...

btw, requiring everyone to do that long CAPTCHA for making every post is too troublesome...

Offline VS

• Senior Plumber (Devotee)
  • Devotee
  • Vladimír Slávik
    • VS's Simutrans site
  • Languages: CS,EN
Re: Most selfish person are those who take horses
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 09:01:30 AM »
Umm, is this the correct board? Is this related to any of these? http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=78.0

Offline IgorEliezer br

• Devotee
  • Administrator
  • Cake recipes are cool... REALLY!
    • Igor Eliezer Architect and Urban Planner/Arquiteto e Urbanista
  • Languages: PT, EN, AutoLISP, Python
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 09:06:09 AM »
btw, requiring everyone to do that long CAPTCHA for making every post is too troublesome...
It helps to combat automated spamming scripts. But, don't worry: it is necessary only for the 1st post.  :)

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:23:27 AM »
Welcome to the forums! This topic does not seem specific to Simutrans-Experimental, however: which pakset are you using? Are you referring to the private traffic generated automatically in cities?

For Pak128.Britain-Ex, I do not recommend playing with the timeline off: it was designed for playing with the timeline on.

Offline pwhk

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 04:29:12 AM »
Yep, private traffic. And yep, Pak128.Britain-Ex...

I always play Simutrans with timeline off lol... Though there is a partial solution to this, I don't think it is good or reasonable. My way is to build 2 roads for every highway, and make interconnections everywhere between the parallel roads...

Anyway to remove it on my own copy? I still want to go on with my own save  ;)

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »
You can disable private traffic entirely: go to the floppy disc icon, select "display settings" and set "traffic level" to 0.

Offline Junna

• Devotee
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »
Yep, private traffic. And yep, Pak128.Britain-Ex...

I always play Simutrans with timeline off lol... Though there is a partial solution to this, I don't think it is good or reasonable. My way is to build 2 roads for every highway, and make interconnections everywhere between the parallel roads...

Anyway to remove it on my own copy? I still want to go on with my own save  ;)

If you want a solution, use the makeobj to extract the content of Brit.Citycar-ex.pak and you can individually remove the horse carriages and put the remaining cars into your folder instead.

Offline pwhk

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 01:27:50 AM »
If you want a solution, use the makeobj to extract the content of Brit.Citycar-ex.pak and you can individually remove the horse carriages and put the remaining cars into your folder instead.

This worked. thx.