News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Minimaps clicking on city hall

Started by Milko, March 15, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

Clicking on city hall I obtain two minimaps (in attach), depending on the city there are different colors appearing on the two minimaps but they are in the water or in the forest, someone could explain me better?

Giuseppe

ACarlotti

This is a known bug; see also https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=17815

The coloured dots are also displayed in the map if you have it open at the same time as one city window; this also allows for zooming in for more precision on larger maps.

Edit: I think I've fixed this bug. I'll test this in the morning and upload the fix if it works.

ACarlotti

I've pushed a fix to master on my github. However, for large maps the coloured dots will be very hard to see; as James mentioned previously, viewing the destinations in the main map will be better in this case.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for this: I have now incorporated the fix.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello

Thanks ACarlotti, now work. The dots are actually small, but they are positioned correctly.

Somone khnow if using the method proposed by James (the main minimap), the colors of the destinations are those of the main minimap or those of the minimap of the town hall? In the minimaps of the town hall it is in fact possible to know the reasons why the destinations are not accessible through the colors and this is very useful.

Thanks
Giuseppe

jamespetts

Using the "destinations" setting in the main minimap, you can view the reasons for passengers not getting to their desired destination (as well as when they do) of the city whose city hall that you last selected.  Does this answer your question?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Yes, now I understand, but  I think there is a misalignment that misleads me; the help text of the town hall maps is said that the purple color indicates the routes too long, but I believe that in reality the color is pink. Attached a map in which appear pink points and not purple.

Giuseppe