News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

A bigger file selector will be nice

Started by Spike, January 29, 2012, 12:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

The current file selector is very efficient on saving screen space, but I think in this case a more generous window could help. Maybe the default size can be risen somewhat? Also I think that additional vertical space where the arrows point to in the attached example could help the readability of the dialog :)

Edit: Attachment explanation - on top current default size, below a size that I find more convenient. Arrows point to where I think some additional vertical space would help.

Fabio

I also think of two more buttons to change the folder:  [Load from saves] and [Load from the net]

In this second case, an URL could be created: saves.Simutrans.com where scenarios and contests could be put by  Simutrans community. Players could simply load them from the net and playing them.

A filter button could also be added: default only shows saves for current pakset size and version, a second option shows saves for pakset size, all versions (enabling to load saves from past versions), a third one shows all, just like now.

TurfIt

A little more width wouldn't hurt, atleast upto the 'standard' width.

For the vertical space, I disagree. I went through a huge pixel pushing exercise last year were I made all the spacings consistent across all dialogs (well 90% of them). Maybe a different standard spacing would've been better, but I liked this one obviously. Efficient as you said! And in this world of ^%&^&# 16:9 monitors...

But, if everyone wants more space, and someone creates the patch for every dialog in the game, it can be done. Consistency in the display in important IMO.

Spike

Quote from: TurfIt on January 29, 2012, 06:42:48 PM
But, if everyone wants more space, and someone creates the patch for every dialog in the game, it can be done. Consistency in the display in important IMO.

Agreed. A bigger window will help quite a lot already, the other things can left as they are.

Fabio

The filter thing could help, reducing the number of saves uselessly shown... Any thought about it?