News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Bridge in Bridge chrash

Started by wagun, May 25, 2016, 06:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wagun

I have stumble upon a bug where the game crashes when a specific bridge tile are view on screen.
The buggy bridge tile are appearing when the game are starting to slow a bit. And you builds 2 bridges right after each other. It can seems like the first bridge aren't finished loading when the game checks if the second bridged can be built or not. I thinks it seems like the result is 2 bridges ending in the same tile. And that the game crashes when it tries to display this tile. The broken bridge tile are then saved in the game save and continue to crash the game each time it view in game.

The game allows to load the save and continue playing. But if you move to the part of the map where this tile is, it will crash immediately.
I managed to view the tile in underground view.
Some one got an idea to how to restore the save game file. Like if its posible to delete that specific part of the map. 

Vladki

Try deleting the bridge from other side.

prissi

If that fails you can upload the game and it can be fixed in the debugger.

You could als try to use the way remove tool to delete the bridges, i.e. put start left and end right of the bridge. Or you could try to CONTROL+delete the bridge.