News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

KneeOn's Train Deopt - BR313 and BR450 (Front carriges only)

Started by KneeOn, March 07, 2011, 03:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KneeOn

Finished painting the front carriage of a BR Class 313.

Using a template i've retained some of the boxy feel because the 313 is fairly boxy in real life. I have added a slight curve too. Its in the old London Overground livery, not the new Southern or the alternative Mersey Rail or Island Rail livery.

Attached is the graphic and the Wikipedia side on diagram!

I'll pack it up and test it ingame tonight after work. Any pointers are appreciated  :D

An_dz

I would suggest make the green darker, and maybe make the blue the primary player color, and the yellow the secondary player color. With online games, player colors on objects are getting more attractive on new addons.

KneeOn

Interesting you say that. My other pak96 HAS player colours but I didn't think it was really anything special because it didn't look right.

The yellow (I assume you mean the front yellow?) will stay because in the UK all trains have to have bright yellow fronts for safety reasons. I've tried to stay as close to the old livery (some of which can be seen in my cities primary depot - Brighton) for the Overground as possible thus the colouring.

As a fan of player colouring I think I shall change the blue and the green. Maybe having the white as secondary?

Or i'll do both your suggestions and keep this one AND do the hybrid as described above so theres a choice to see which is more popular? its not really much more work!

Edit:
This first picture is where the Blue is the primary player colour and the the green is the secondary player colour. I think that looks pretty good, and retains the iconic yellow front that British Rail Classes have to have.

An_dz

If you want to stay with yellow, you can make the blue the primary color and green the secondary.

KneeOn

New addition to the fleet: The Front carrige of the BR Class 450, in player colours with South West Trains livery. No shading has been applied yet, since this was more difficult to paint. The issue laid with the funny shaping of the very front of the train since the connecting part between each carriage stuck out of a curved wall.

It might be well off, but as per the Class 313 the wikipedia side on view is provided, and any pointers/feed back will be considered and likely acted upon since its not hard to change something slightly! Enjoy!

Notes: This isn't an exact copy. It would be difficult to get the detail of the front carriage in. Window sizes are slightly off two, the outer windows between the door are slightly smaller than the two middle ones between the door. The front connecting bit that was hard to draw is cut short slightly.

An_dz

Very nice addition, liked the way you added the player colors.

It sure will be used by me, I like those train types.

Sojo will probably take a while to see your train, he's more active on German Forum, but he's always looking here.

And thanks for the inspiration, I probably should try to finish my two addons.

KneeOn

I have to admit, the 450 is probably some of my best ever drawing.
I have three hours in psychology today so I'm hoping to finish off the middle for both trains and maybe have the end done for one or two which will be a case of flipping the images about a bit, then sorting out shadows!

I'll drop sojo a line on the German forum in that case, thanks!

EDIT: Graphics!

Middles and flips of the trains. This means that the front and back share graphics (called front1 and front2 on the 313 or SouthWestTrainBritishRailClass450.png and 450end.png) with directions flipped.

Hopefully this is good stuff, but again feed back is more than loved.

Getting the flips on the 450 right was some of the hardest work i've done, hopefully I pulled it off but i'm really unsure.

Thanks for having a look!

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

KneeOn

Sojo, i seem to be unable to reply to PM's.

Of course you can use the trains with any changes you feel needed :D

Thanks for taking an interest, i'm glad I got these up before I ruined my laptop (again) and lost lots of work :(

VS

You have to request PMs "manually" since bots can't do that. Of course, if admins see a post like this we can do it without request ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!