News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Any new updates to the pakset

Started by Bfoster19955, January 04, 2020, 02:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bfoster19955

I really enjoy the the pakset. But since then I haven't seen any new updates to it, like new locomotives and other accessories. Been following simutrans extended for a while and seeing progress there, but not for the standard pakset. Are there any future updates on the horizon for this pakset?

jamespetts

I believe that the developers of the Standard version of the pakset have retired from active development, so, at present, only the Extended version of the pakset is being maintained and enhanced.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

Are there any objects that exist in the extended but not in the standard version of this pakset? Apart from objects that don't make any sense in standard of course, like signalboxes.
If there are any, it should be relatively simple for anyone to port them to standard.

However, I don't know how changes are incorporated to the pakset.

jamespetts

Quote from: Freahk on January 04, 2020, 04:52:43 PM
Are there any objects that exist in the extended but not in the standard version of this pakset? Apart from objects that don't make any sense in standard of course, like signalboxes.
If there are any, it should be relatively simple for anyone to port them to standard.

However, I don't know how changes are incorporated to the pakset.

I believe that there are quite a large number of objects, as I and others have added many things since the Standard developers ceased to maintain the pakset; also, the whole (Extended) pakset has had an interim rebalance from Dr. Supergood that has not been applied to the Standard pakset, so simply porting things from the Extended to the Standard version would potentially create balance anomalies without conducting a full re-balance of the Standard pakset or adjusting individually the balance of each ported object.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.