News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Signal showing a wrong aspect

Started by fam621, February 14, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi James, this is an issue that I've noticed for quite a long time. This bug is that the signal before the choose signal does not clear up to a double yellow aspect (green for three aspect signals). Here is proof from a picture below.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

jamespetts

Quote from: fam621 on February 16, 2018, 04:33:24 PM
Has this bug been fixed?

No - I have not got around to looking at it yet. I will be sure to post when it is fixed.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

I think that I have now fixed this - I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.

fam621

This bug has unfortunately not been fixed.

jamespetts

I am no longer able to reproduce it in the original location in the saved game supplied. Can you give more precise information as to the circumstances in which this now occurs? (And also, are you sure that you are running the latest version?)

fam621

The signals still shows a single yellow aspect when it should really be green (three aspect signal) and double yellow (four aspect signal) and no I am not running the latest version and I am (at the time of post) downloading the latest version.

jamespetts

I still cannot reproduce this. When the game that you uploaded first loads, the signals retain their earlier incorrect appearance, but, on any new train approaching the station, the signals display correctly.

fam621

The issue with choose signals is fixed. Its now affecting non choose signals because non choose signals at junctions should not clear to a double yellow/green without the next signal clearing to either a double yellow/green aspects.

jamespetts

Does this occur reliably in the saved game that you uploaded? If so, I should be grateful if you could give me the co-ordinates of the signal(s) affected. If not, I should be grateful if you could upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced at a specific location.

jamespetts

As requested above, what is the specific location in that saved game of the signal that demonstrates this behaviour?

fam621

Spenk009

Can you rotate through the views to ensure this happens/is visible from all viewing angles? I'd just like to eliminate the pakset being at fault, making it look like the signal is displaying the wrong signal.

Vladki

Also open the signal dialog and compare if the text representation of current aspect matches the visual appearance.

fam621

fam621

jamespetts

I had not got around to looking into this until now, but unfortunately the link to the file appears to have expired. Would you be able to re-upload it? I should be grateful.

jamespetts

I am afraid that that does not work either - it gives me a "file not yet uploaded" error message.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. I think that I have now fixed this - I should be grateful if you could test with the next nightly build.

fam621

Tested and this happens at signals before station platforms. I added captions above the signal to say what the aspect should really be. (Thats if the platform starting signal is a single yellow aspect)

jamespetts

This may be an entirely separate issue. Can you let me know the co-ordinates where this occurs on the saved game that you uploaded?

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on March 03, 2018, 11:57:06 AM
This may be an entirely separate issue. Can you let me know the co-ordinates where this occurs on the saved game that you uploaded?

Coordinates: (754, 816) and (749, 832).

jamespetts

Yes, I think that this is a separate issue, and one which I have looked into before, but which is exceedingly difficult to solve. The difficulty is that, when restarting from a station, the train does not remember its previous route, so cannot clear the automatic signals in rear.