News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Simutrans EN wikipedia article smaller, shorter and cutted?

Started by vilvoh, October 15, 2008, 04:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Has the simutrans article from english wikipedia been assaulted by wiki vandals? I've been searching along the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Simutrans&action=history">Revision history</a> log but I haven't found anything

current one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simutrans
as it was : http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simutrans

The ES version was translated from the old large version of that article. Perhaps it's me but I think the old one give much more "important" info about the game. IMHO, the current one is so short. A brief description about Simutrans features and history, a screen capture and a couple of links... :-\

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

It's the first edit by Haipa Doragon. I saw that, too, a few weeks back.

Maybe the change was for good. Is Wikipedia the place to list all features? Plus reading through the old content, there seems to be a lot of weird stuff. How you can build tunnels and so on. That's why I (personally!) think the edit wasn't just "evil".

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Comparing to the OpenTTD-article, it is indeed rather very short. I also liked the german version much better than the english one.

vilvoh

Thanks for the clarification VS, now I'm more calm.. ;)...anyway, I'm agree with prissi, the article is very short. It does not mention anywhere the different paks and mods, but talks a lot about the different primary and secondary colors (¿?) IMHO It points out things and features than are not the ones that distinguish Simutrans from the rest of games (darkened night times complete, bankruptcy option...)

I think it needs to be corrected by somebody from the community that has more experience in Simutrans.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

PatrickN

I wouldn't be surprised if wikipedia deletes it because Simutrans is not "notable" enough to deserve a page.

I have a very poor opinion of their site because they are committing fraud by claiming to be a "democratic" "encyclopedia" website.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

LondonBVE

Well since translator cannot be used for translating today, I decided to rewrite the whole Simutrans article in the English wikipedia and also add in sources. I hope it is alright but feel free to edit it or even revert back but I more worried is the cite source problem (see discussion page).
"Everyday Rob People" (ERP) ;)

I got cheated by my ISP