News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Fewer trams in newer Simutrans version

Started by percy4u, February 09, 2015, 11:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

percy4u

I used to play Simutrans on my old laptop quite a lot - the version I had was around 108-ish (sorry I can't be more precise).
I took a long break from the game after I bought my new laptop then decided to restart playing, and downloaded the most recent version (120.0.1). I use pak128.britain and noticed that before, I played with timeline off, and there were about 20 or more different types of trams to choose from. Now when I do this, there are only 3. Can someone please tell me what's happened since I've been away, or what I'm doing wrong. Many thanks in advance... :)

jamespetts

There should definitely be more than 3 trams with the timeline off - are you sure that you have turned it off? Which ones are available? (Also, are you sure that you have electrified your tram depot?)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

percy4u

Quoteare you sure that you have turned it off
Yep, timeline is definitely turned off.

QuoteWhich ones are available?
With the timeline on, I only get the DLR P86 in 1987, the DLR B92 in 1992, and the DLR B07 in 2007. With timeline off, I can also only get these three, but in any year.

QuoteAlso, are you sure that you have electrified your tram depot?
Yep, it's electrified. I can only purchase electric trams, not steam trams, or horsedrawn + carriages...

Junna

Those trams listed should only appear in the railway depot. Are you sure you are using the tramway depot?

percy4u

QuoteAre you sure you are using the tramway depot?
Yep, it's the depot out of the tram/light rail build menu...

Junna

Quote from: percy4u on February 10, 2015, 12:09:30 AM
Yep, it's the depot out of the tram/light rail build menu...

What version of pak.britain are you using? Is it the latest?

percy4u

QuoteWhat version of pak.britain are you using?
It's version 1.15

QuoteIs it the latest?
It's almost the latest. I'll download and try it with 1.16 to see if that fixes the problem...

Having downloaded version 1.16, I think the issue has been fixed. I can now access all trams, including the new ones released with the new update...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

percy4u

Thanks Isaac, wasn't sure how that was done...
Anyway, thanks all, problem sorted... :D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Sorry to bump - just for future reference, the edit button doesn't have any text:

So it can be a pain to find. :)

Glad the problem is solved! :)

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.