News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

"Building already bound" fatal error

Started by A.Badger, March 29, 2017, 04:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Badger

* Platform: Fedora 25 Linux x86_64
* Simutrans versions:
  * Nightly r4bf8ef7
  * Self compiled b9697dfa6ed8a3b5b0c9b3ca76f09b1aa50ab7d4
Pakset: pak128.britain-ex-nightly downloaded on 20170326
Save game: http://toshio.fedorapeople.org/simutrans/building-already-bound.sve

As I've played this map I've infrequently been getting the error:

"gebaeude_t::set_fab() building already bound to city!"

Mostly it happens when I attempt to save the game but sometimes it happens on its own.  i've generally ignored it as when I restart from a save I generally progress further before the error recurs.  In the past few game years, the error has become much more frequent.  I've been able to reproduce several times by opening the save game, setting game speed to fast-forward, waiting for the next month, and saving soon after.  I'm not 100% sure if waiting more months between saves makes the problem more likely (it's more annoying as I lose more play time that way but actual frequency could be all in my head).  I do know I've never encountered the problem if I save several times rapidly in a row.  Some game time needs to be elapsing between saves.

My guess is that it sometimes happens when the game creates new industries or buildings and now that the cities on this map are starting to grow the creation of new buildings and industries is happening more frequently, hence the more frequent occurrence of the bug.

I have the growth factors for this map turned way down if that's any help:

growthfactor_villages  (default: 1165) (change: 2000)
growthfactor_cities    (default: 720)  (change: 4000)
growthfactor_capitals  (default: 420)  (change: 8000)

jamespetts

Thank you very much for this report: that is most helpful. I think that I have found and fixed this problem; would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

A.Badger

Played for severl in game years now with many saves and no repeat of the problem so this seems to be fixed now.  Thanks James!

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.