News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Why Pak48.Excentrique Doesn't Work at Standard Simutrans?

Started by Bima Fals Maharania, November 01, 2017, 03:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bima Fals Maharania

Before, Good Evening for All. (in Indonesian time zone) :D
In this post, I have a serious problem.
Actually I feel so interested in this pak48.Excentrique caused by their objects. But when I start a new game in that pak, and begin to build a road, or something, my Simutrans will stop working immediately. :(
I didn't use The Iron Way, but I use standard Simutrans version 120.2.2.
Is there any people can explain it?
End of this post. I'm sorry if I disturbing your times, and also for my bad English, if you realize it. :)
Good Evening for All.

Regards
Bima Fals Arese

Leartin

I don't know why it crashes, but the latest release was for Simutrans 111.1 - perhaps there is something missing that newer versions of the game require.
Pretty sure you could play it using an older game version though.

Bima Fals Maharania

Quote from: Leartin on November 01, 2017, 03:21:21 PM
I don't know why it crashes, but the latest release was for Simutrans 111.1 - perhaps there is something missing that newer versions of the game require.
Pretty sure you could play it using an older game version though.
Thank's for the answer, Sir. ;D

DrSuperGood

If you post a link to download the pakset version in question I might be able to look into why it is crashing. Could be as simple as an oversight that was made since the pakset was last played.

If source code is available it might be possible to rebuild the pakset using a more recent makeobj version. This could also potentially fix the crash if it is caused by incompatibilities with old object formats.

DrSuperGood

Could you try running the pak with the latest nightly build? I cannot recreate this crash using my MSVC development build meaning that if it still crashes it must be caused by something bad happening that is compiler dependant.

Roboron

Thank you for your report. This crash should be supposedly fixed with pak48.Excentrique v19 RC2 for Simutrans 123:

=> https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21312.0.html

If you are still encountering issues, please let us know.

Bima Fals Maharania

Quote from: Roboron on January 08, 2022, 11:04:53 PM
Thank you for your report. This crash should be supposedly fixed with pak48.Excentrique v19 RC2 for Simutrans 123:

=> https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21312.0.html

If you are still encountering issues, please let us know.
Ah, finally after a very long time. XD I'd love to hear this!