News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

citylist_*.txt

Started by whoami, August 31, 2008, 05:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

People keep missing the files simutrans/pak128/text/citylist_*.txt in Pak128, for city names taken from real towns/cities.
Is it OK if I copy the files from Pak64 into the Pak128 source? They can even remain reactivated until the player moves them to the correct directory.

Another idea would be to put those files into the base package. simutrans/text/readme_citylist.txt says that they can still be overridden by pak-specific files.

Frank

@prissi

moved the citylists from simutrans/[pakset]/text to simutrans/text ?

or folder simutrans/text/citylist/

prissi

Actually, they should rather sit in the pak directory, because overirding is not complete, if the overirdden is shorter. But copying from pak64: go on (pak128 had their own, much longer list though.

whoami

(moving this to Pak128 disc.)

Quote from: prissi on August 31, 2008, 05:57:54 PM
But copying from pak64: go on
Thanks.

Quote(pak128 had their own, much longer list though.
After some digging around, I found Pak128 V1.3.5 which has those files (I can't download versions up to 1.4.2.1, because 128.simutrans.com is unavailable).

I put the files from that version into the Pak128 repository, so they should be available in pak128/text/citylists/ in the next build (they will not be used by ST in that location, but can be copied to pak128/text/). There were actually two sets (in pak128/text/ and text/) that I merged. I think the reason behind their removal is that they needed to be reworked (removal of text/ from the pak sets; duplicates; some are in an incorrect format). Some lists appear as extremely long (e.g. 3000 entries).
If lists from 1.3.6-1.4.1 are newer, they can be integrated.

Some languages are not covered, so taking their files from Pak64 will be a good choice.