News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

pak conversion (128) WIP

Started by sdog, September 09, 2011, 05:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdog

I also lost most of the work i've done so far, when my notebook-computer was stolen last May.

greenling

Sdog
oh that´s very hard to have no notebook-computer.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Quote from: sdog on August 23, 2012, 08:23:30 PM
I also lost most of the work i've done so far, when my notebook-computer was stolen last May.

That's very sad indeed. Not much consolation now, I know, but there's much to be said for, in future, using Github to back these things up.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sdog

i wasn't pushing it, since it was too incomplete, that was mostly working on filling out the extensive tables. Now i'm pushing much more incomplete things (which also has its downsides).

On the good side, i did not loose any of my physics work, since i had everything either synced or pushed to my own git server.

Greenling and James, thank you for your consolation. I'm mostly over the loss of the computer now, since i got a nice new one. I still miss the old one for the memories attached to it, bought in japan, took it to every place i went... but what really hurts now is loosing my camera, which was in the computer bag. It appears the lens i had on it quadrupled in price since i bought it :-(

contre-jour by knehcsg, on Flickr

jamespetts

Oh that's very sad indeed. My sympathies indeed. Might I recommend Micro Four Thirds if you're after a replacement?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

sdog

I've got a digital slr already. The lack or electronic viewfinder was what discouraged me from going to micro four thirds.

The camaera lost was an analogue one (Nikon FG + Nikkor-O 35 F1:2), and i intend to replace it either exactly  or by a Minolta XD with a fast 35 mm. I rather love wide angle, and film, is with the larger "sensor size" much easier than anything digital i am willing to pay (that is the equivalent of a thousand rolls of film exposed, developed, and scanned).

You were an olympus SLR user, before you went digital with four-thirds?

jamespetts

Ohh, I see, a film camera? Goodness - even harder to replace.

No, I used old Canon FD equipment in film days; I then spent a while with Canon mid and high-end compacts (the G10) before finally getting a digital system camera in the form of the Olympus E-P3.

greenling

Sdog
have you buy a new notebook-computer?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

sdog

Yes greenling, a week later i had replaced it. I need it for my work.