News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Passengers alighting apparently incorrectly

Started by DrSuperGood, December 22, 2017, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Passenger logic is strange. I have passengers leaving a line at an intermediate stop that literally has nothing there for them. The route looks like...
A <-> INT <-> B
Where the line is set to run in mirror mode.

The INT stop is literally in the middle of nowhere a, >20 KM from anything, and only serviced by this line. Yet passengers are departing at the INT stop waiting for other convoys of the line to take them...

jamespetts

I have split this from the other discussion as this appears to be a bug report unrelated to the questions that AP was asking.

Can you upload a saved game in which this can be reproduced reliably? If you are referring to the game on the Bridgewater-Brunel server, please note that I will not be able to look at this until January, so the place where this occurs now (wherever that is) will probably be not the same by then.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Still happening on server game @5776,2223. The stop regularly has people waiting at it and sees between 4 and 34 arrivals/departures per month.

My current theory is that this traffic is being generated to/from the stop structure itself. This still makes no sense as it is a Staging Post (literally some polls pushed into the ground, no workers needed) positioned in the middle of nowhere (no reason for people to come). The only reason it exists is to act as a rest stop for a long distance journey.

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this; your deduction was correct: the 'bus stops and staging posts generated passenger demand. I have now modified this in the pakset and also modified the code so as to erase the building's visitor/commuter/mail demand when it detects that the underlying building type now has zero capacity for each of these things.

I should be grateful if you could confirm that this is now working with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Seems fixed. The staging post no longer has people flocking to/from the middle of nowhere.