News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

REQ: Locomotive for 1850's.

Started by Dutchman on Rails, June 21, 2010, 12:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutchman on Rails

Hi All,

First off, please allow me to say I enjoyed my Pak.German games thoroughly.

However, I feel I run into a snag in the late 1850's. There is a gap between the retirement of the Adler in 1857, and the Introduction of the BadVIIa and SA_IIIb_T in 1866. Though the Crampton fills in that gap in part, it's high speed of 90km/h, and even more so it's high running costs of 7.04/km (compared to 1.97 for the Adler and 3.99 for the VIIa), I feel the need for a cheap freight engine that doesn't necessarily need to have great performance.

Perhaps the list of Bavarian Locomotives and Railbuses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bavarian_locomotives_and_railbuses) might help out. They have a lot of specifications for the Bavarian 19th century locomotives.

FlohOswald

I'm currently working on filling the gaps of the steam locomotives in the early years. Do you have a special request? Otherwise I will just pick a loco that seems to suit the situation. I will post the results here as fast as I can draw it.

Dutchman on Rails

I do not have a specific model in mind. The running costs should be in the category of the Adler/BadVIIa, and if the performance is in that category, that should make the company management very happy.

Thanks.

By the way, is Pak.German open source? You may have followed my experiments with lowering the production of industry endpoints. It might be interesting to experiment with Pak.German as well.

jonasbb

Dutchman on Rails

Sorry to hear that. I'll just have to focus my effort on Pak128.Britain(Experimental) then...
But thanks anyway for the swift answer.

Frank

Quote from: FlohOswald on June 21, 2010, 10:05:11 PM
I'm currently working on filling the gaps of the steam locomotives in the early years. Do you have a special request? ....

the interest list from locos found here http://www.frankpenz.de/simutrans/fahrzeuge/tf_umf/index.html

Dutchman on Rails

Well, the Bay. A I would certainly fill the 1857-1866 gap if the running costs are not too high. :)

FlohOswald

Are you sure about the bay. A I? It's ten years apart from the late 1850s, about 15 years.

A question to Frank: Which "power"-value would you suggest for the bay A I? Btw, is this list with locomotives a suggestion list or a list with all the locomotives you want to see in the game?

Dutchman on Rails

The A I, according to the data supplied by Frank, was built in 1844-45, and remained in service until about 1875. So yes, I'm sure.

Frank

Quote from: FlohOswald on June 29, 2010, 03:19:40 PM
...  Btw, is this list with locomotives a suggestion list or a list with all the locomotives you want to see in the game?

The list created 2005 or so. Back then it was back to the timeline to the 19th Century.

Was based on the number of locomotives built and what seemed interesting.

FlohOswald

I'm drawing the bay. A I now it's a very small locomotive, suprisingly it has the wrong tender in all pictures I found.

@Frank: I wrote you an answer mail, I can't send you messages in the forum, though. I will definitely use the list for upcoming projects.